Holland High School is an above average, public school located in Holland, MI. It has 1,431 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Holland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+226 Students
- A177 Students
- B+156 Students
- A+146 Students
- C+118 Students
- B109 Students
- A-103 Students
- B102 Students
- C+53 Students
- A-47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 49 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Holland High School
- AWest Ottawa High School Campus
- West Ottawa Public School District, MI
- 316 reviews
- NGOttawa Area Center
- Ottawa Area Independent School District, MI
- A-Zeeland East High School
- Zeeland Public Schools, MI
- 213 reviews
- A-Zeeland West High School
- Zeeland Public Schools, MI
- 161 reviews
Holland High School Reviews
I’m very proud to be a student at HHS! Many teachers go above and beyond to provide the best not only for the student’s education but also their lives. I’ve seen teachers give whatever they can to those who may have missed lunch or just didn’t have lunch that day and are most times open to help students before and after school as well as lunch-time and advisory. The campus is big but not so big that you feel lost. Our sports games are fun and uniting, always a good student section! The thing I am most proud of is our music program. We are a family and help each other in need, and have improved so much over time and keep growing each year (thanks to Ms. Cox and Mrs. Munger!) Once again, teachers change lives here at hhs.
I enjoyed high school very much! While I recognize that no school can boast perfection and I definitely see things that could be changed to improve the atmosphere and environment, Holland High School offers a wonderfully complete package. Strong academic offerings; significant diversity in socioeconomics, ethnicity, race and religions; a community of teachers who strive to help all students grow and staff who truly desire the best for all who come through the doors, all make for a setting that encourages unity as well as personal challenge and growth. Holland High School provided for me the challenge, the encouragement and the fun to make my high school years memorable and very beneficial.
Holland High School is a truly remarkable place with an excellent staff that goes above and beyond to ensure that every student is equipped to succeed. The level of dedication and love the staff has with all the kids is so inspiring to see. We transferred our son from a local charter school in Holland to HHS and couldn't be happier with our decision. Our first parent/teacher conference was a true indication of just how committed the teachers and staff are....we were blown away by their level of knowledge and information. It was far better than anything we had experienced at the charter school. If you are having doubts about Holland Public Schools, please don't. It is a great place!