Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Holdrege High School is an above average, public school located in Holdrege, NE. It has 352 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Holdrege High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-93 Students
- B+78 Students
- B50 Students
- B-26 Students
- B+19 Students
- C+19 Students
- A-18 Students
- C+17 Students
- B15 Students
- B14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responses
- Marching Band Parades20%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Holdrege High School Reviews
Overall HHS was average. While the academics were challenging enough, options were limited as the administration didn't see a need for possible electives in less common subjects (i.e. media). Most teachers were kind enough, but as per any school, there were a handful that were either disillusioned by the actual job or just shouldn't have been teachers. Basically, if you didn't go against the grain often, or at all, your experience would be at the very least okay.
Throughout my high school life at Holdrege, I've learned a great deal of stuff. Most of the staff genuinely care about students graduating. There is a lot of programs and extracurricular activities granted. The student body puts effort into supporting all activities. Then there's the fact that all teachers go the extra mile to make sure everyone is following along and is understanding the material we are taught.
Holdrege High School is a great small town, rural Nebraska city. It offers many opportunities whether you prefer sports or other extracurricular activities. The school is a very safe place to settle and has an inviting school system. The newly renovated front and signs of the school really bring a brighter, more open feel to the school day. Facilities in the high school have been kept very well. All of the bathrooms in the school were remodeled less than a year ago and bring a modern pop that the school needed. The school itself is not sparkling new by any way but it doesn't feel historic. Teachers are very qualified in their respective positions with one even being a NASA scientist. It's nice to know that I am truly learning from some of the smartest people, academically and in life skills. Overall Holdrege High School puts a good image of Holdrege into one building.