Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Hobbs High School is a public school located in Hobbs, NM. It has 1,950 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 3% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Hobbs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B287 Students
- A-254 Students
- B+219 Students
- B215 Students
- B179 Students
- B-87 Students
- A65 Students
- A+61 Students
- B55 Students
- A-49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Hobbs High School Reviews
I like that Hobbs High School provided free lunch. However, I did not like that Hobbs High School did not provide many resources. As a senior student, I was unable to find help from the counselors to help me with my education such as applying to FAFSA and scholarships. Hobbs High School is not very concerned about their students. The school does not provide many activities to do and that includes clubs. Clubs are the key factor that provides sponsorships and money to the school. The word "school spirit" shows the reputation of the school, allowing students to show their views and participation of their school, Hobbs High School lacked this. Hobbs High school also reached the maximum capacity of students in a building but unfortunately, the school's administration could care less and would rather save money to use on unnecessary things such as the football team that has not won state championships in over 50 years. Hobbs High School lacks many things and should be improved.
I liked that some teachers actually genuinely cared about their students and their futures, however; they don't do well in disciplining students and getting things taken care of. They prioritize the wrong things and push aside very important things such as bullying until it's too late. On another note, while I was a student, I didn't get the opportunities I wished I had known about, because unless you were with the best top students, most information was not posted for you to easily gain access to. You had to ask the right people the right questions in regards to getting opportunities and getting involved in certain clubs. That's not fair for everyone, especially those without the right connections; they should get a chance.
Hobbs High is the only school in Hobbs New Mexico. My experience here overall was a good experience because all my teachers really cared about their students and made me feel important along with other students. Hobbs High was very organized in everything that they did. I was a cheerleader and also a member of the Student Council so I was able to see everything behind the scenes. My coaches would prepare my squad weeks before events and my team from Student Council would plan things weeks before an event or community service that we planned on participating in. The only thing that I did not enjoy at this school was the students. Of course I can not change that but I feel I would add some type of influence program that would help highschool students mature to think more like adults, helping them become respectful to not just teachers but to their classmates and the people they share a school with.