Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
HLV Community School - Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Victor, IA. It has 153 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
HLV Community School - Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A20 Students
- B-20 Students
- B+19 Students
- A17 Students
- B9 Students
- B-7 Students
- B7 Students
- C6 Students
- B5 Students
- B+5 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like HLV Community School - Junior/Senior High School
- B-Brooklyn-Guernsey-Malcom Junior/Senior High School
- Brooklyn-Guernsey-Malcom (BCM) Community School District, IA
- 34 reviews
- CBelle Plaine Junior/Senior High School
- Belle Plaine Community School District, IA
- 34 reviews
- B-Montezuma High School
- Montezuma Community School District, IA
- 25 reviews
- BIowa Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Iowa Valley Community School District, IA
- 9 reviews
HLV Community School - Junior/Senior High School Reviews
HLV is small in numbers, but our shortcomings are more than made up for by the opportunities provided to our student body. The teachers and other staff member at HLV often go out of their way to make our goals accomplishable, but that is not all. The students themselves are welcoming to any new student in our district. Our proximity ensures that any student entering a class at HLV feels as though they are apart of our family. Due to our small size there are plenty of opportunities to join clubs or athletic programs at HLV. No student is ever discouraged from participating in sports or the arts. Infact, students are encouraged to do their best in any activity they choose to participate in. I have been at HLV since preschool, and as my high school career comes to its completion find that I will miss the many of the experiences and friends that I have found at HLV.
The teachers and students are very supportive and helpful in bettering my education and well-being. Schooling is taken very seriously, but still has that fun factor.
I have been attending this school since preschool. The teachers here only want to see improvement. The school is very good about having student succeed and get good grades. Although some students come back to say they weren't as prepared for college as they needed to be. Other than that one fault this school is very small but is in a tight knit community.