Hinsdale South High School is a top rated, public school located in Darien, IL. It has 1,507 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Hinsdale South High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+193 Students
- B+145 Students
- B+135 Students
- A-132 Students
- A-130 Students
- B-104 Students
- A+101 Students
- A+92 Students
- B-81 Students
- A+74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Hinsdale South High School
- A+Hinsdale Central High School
- Hinsdale Township High School District No. 86, IL
- 323 reviews
- A+Oak Park & River Forest High School
- Public School
- Oak Park, IL
- 640 reviews
- A+Carl Sandburg High School
- Consolidated High School District No. 230, IL
- 686 reviews
- A+Naperville North High School
- Naperville Community Unit School District No. 203, IL
- 454 reviews
Hinsdale South High School Reviews
This is an excellent high school in so many ways. The school pride is abundant. With a relativelysmall student population, students get lots of individual attention from teachers. The curriculum is challenging and a wide variety of classes are offered. The student body is diverse, the teachers and administrators are experienced and there is a strong focus on rounding out the student experience with many available sports, clubs and activities. A true gem of a school!
There isn't much I like about Hinsdale South but the things I do like about the school are certain people. I honestly think there are some trustworthy adults in that school like some of the deans, the people who run ISS, the counselors and the social workers. However, I think the changes to the school regarding security is completely unnecessary. Hinsdale South is a good school with good kids and for Miss. Vannoy to go around and spend all that money from the referendum on vape detectors, new security cameras, those security guards is just unneeded. The school's broke enough, don't make us bankrupt because you think the school needs all those things when it doesn't, things were fine before Vannoy came along.
My experience with Hinsdale South so far has been pretty decent. The school itself has an abundance of school spirit and pride. You'll hear the words "South... PRIDE!" a lot and trust me; it will never get annoying. Attending events such as football games, soccer games, and basketball games its quiet customary among the students. Personally, I feel the football and basketball games are extremely fun to attend. Its basically a themed party in the stands and everyone is your friend! Education wise, the school offers many opportunities to excel in each class. You Just have to put in the effort and the teachers will be sure to recognize your potential.