Hinsdale Central High School is a top rated, public school located in Hinsdale, IL. It has 2,786 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Hinsdale Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+457 Students
- A+308 Students
- A+271 Students
- A+234 Students
- A230 Students
- A-208 Students
- A-197 Students
- B+194 Students
- A+178 Students
- A178 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.58 responses
Schools like Hinsdale Central High School
- A+Hinsdale South High School
- Hinsdale Township High School District No. 86, IL
- 187 reviews
- A+Naperville Central High School
- Naperville Community Unit School District No. 203, IL
- 543 reviews
- A+Neuqua Valley High School
- Indian Prairie Community Unit School District No. 204, IL
- 1,050 reviews
- A+Lyons Township High School
- Public School
- La Grange, IL
- 683 reviews
Hinsdale Central High School Reviews
If you are looking for a high school with extremely competitive sports, lots of club opportunities, and high expectations in the classroom, this is the school for you. The school spirit is awesome and fun activities like the Mr. Hinsdale pageant, senior assassins, and the varsity games vs LT are great experiences. The school population is generally very rich, spoiled, and stuck up, and the diversity is few and far between. There is a lot of pressure from other students to have a certain status, but that is not the case with everyone and I have still managed to have a great experience here as a freshman and sophomore. The teachers are awesome and the opportunities to get involved are abundant. Hinsdale Central has also prepared my siblings for college extremely well, making the classes and homework load of honors tracks in college seem easy. Lots of cool electives too!
Hinsdale Central is an amazing and very diverse school. Central does a wonderful job accommodating to the needs and likes of all the students. There are over four hundred clubs and activities that are opened to all and it is very easy to start your own club. I did! The only thing that I would change is the stigma that students at Hinsdale Central have to excel in their studies and sports. Many students have a lot of stress to get into the top-tier universities and not let their parents down by not getting all A's. If I could go back and change one thing, I would make sure that all the students knew that they shouldn't worry as much about grades and schools, instead to have fun and relax because high school only happens once in your lifetime.
I am graduating from Hinsdale Central this year and have loved my experience. Coming from a little private school to a big public one, I was nervous especially because of the lack of diversity however the people at Hinsdale Central made the transiton easy. The teachers were incredibly eager to help in whatever they could. The only complaint I would have is the guidance department in the sense that I did not feel they were as helpful as they ideally should have been. I participated in sports all four years and made amazing memories from them as well used the gym facilities often and found them very useful. The cafeteria food was incredible if not a little pricey but overall amazing. The school tried to enforce as much school spirit as they could with activity weeks, dances, football games, and more. One of my favorite parts of the school is also the acting department because the plays are so good with the limited amount of resources. All in all, it was an unforgettable experience.