Hinsdale Central High School is a top rated, public school located in Hinsdale, IL. It has 2,802 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Hinsdale Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+357 Students
- A+227 Students
- A+196 Students
- A+179 Students
- A-159 Students
- A157 Students
- A-151 Students
- A-150 Students
- A+133 Students
- A123 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Schools like Hinsdale Central High School
- A+Hinsdale South High School
- Hinsdale Township High School District No. 86, IL
- 159 reviews
- A+Naperville Central High School
- Naperville Community Unit School District No. 203, IL
- 479 reviews
- A+Neuqua Valley High School
- Indian Prairie Community Unit School District No. 204, IL
- 936 reviews
- A+Lyons Township High School
- Public School
- La Grange, IL
- 592 reviews
Hinsdale Central High School Reviews
If you are looking for a high school with extremely competitive sports, lots of club opportunities, and high expectations in the classroom, this is the school for you. The school spirit is awesome and fun activities like the Mr. Hinsdale pageant, senior assassins, and the varsity games vs LT are great experiences. The school population is generally very rich, spoiled, and stuck up, and the diversity is few and far between. There is a lot of pressure from other students to have a certain status, but that is not the case with everyone and I have still managed to have a great experience here as a freshman and sophomore. The teachers are awesome and the opportunities to get involved are abundant. Hinsdale Central has also prepared my siblings for college extremely well, making the classes and homework load of honors tracks in college seem easy. Lots of cool electives too!
Many schools offer many student organizations and have incredible, hard-working staff. What makes Hinsdale stand out compared to other schools are how many choices in elective courses students have. Some electives, such as the engineering, architecture, and graphics courses I took, helped me realize my passion for teaching these disciplines. Other courses, like Russian Studies and Irish Literature, allowed me to focus in on an entire country that I otherwise would never have learned about as in-depth, giving me a greater appreciation for those countries' history, culture, and literature with the right context. Taking architecture helped me grow my love for design while also confirming it is not something I would want to pursue professionally. It's amazing that Hinsdale can offer so many unique experiences for students, allowing them to explore potential career options or open up the possibility to discover new hobbies and interests.
Hinsdale Central High School is a great school! While the academics are demanding, the teachers are amazing and are always willing to work before/after school with students who need help. While the school does have a "white preppy" vibe, it is a great mix of people who are interested in almost anything you can think of. Finding at least one person who has similar interests is not difficult and finding friends among this friendly group of people. The amount of honors and AP classes is amazing, along with the huge assortment of clubs. Overall, the school is a great place for every type of student!