Hingham High School is a top rated, public school located in Hingham, MA. It has 1,224 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Hingham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+114 Students
- A110 Students
- A+96 Students
- A-79 Students
- A+76 Students
- A-66 Students
- A-54 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+46 Students
- A46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Hingham High School Reviews
Love this school! Two small gripes- I think athletics are heavily prioritized and it's sometimes hard for students who are not student athletes to feel involved and appreciated. Second, I think the overall culture is one of nearly toxic competitiveness, something I would love to see changed.
The teachers at Hingham High School for the most part care for their students and their success after high school. The English department does an amazing job of preparing its students for college level writing assignments. There are a wide variety of clubs and activities though many people who participate only do so to put it on their college applications. There have been some issues with the school culture but administration seems to be trying to fix these issues. Sports are a huge part of HHS culture; sometimes it even seems athletics are more important than academics. The parent involvement, much appreciated when needed, does surpass the healthy amount for a high school in some cases.
Hingham High School has a lot of positives and negatives. A lot of the people at the school are the definition of “Hingham” and there’s is a lot of pressure from other students to be the most popular or to be the smartest. There is also a lot expected of students and aggressive amounts of pressure from the teachers. Each teacher gives an overwhelming amount of work and expects it all to be done without taking into count the fact that students have other classes, sports, family, and basic needs like eating, and sleeping. Given the amount of work can be physically and mentally draining to students, I feel HHS prepares its students very well for college.