Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Hinckley-Big Rock High School is an above average, public school located in Hinckley, IL. It has 214 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Hinckley-Big Rock High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+25 Students
- B+23 Students
- B-20 Students
- C+13 Students
- B-13 Students
- A12 Students
- A+10 Students
- A9 Students
- B-9 Students
- A-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Hinckley-Big Rock High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Hinckley-Big Rock High School
- BSomonauk High School
- Somonauk Community Unit School District No. 432, IL
- 60 reviews
- A-Sycamore High School
- Sycamore Community Unit School District No. 427, IL
- 137 reviews
- ABatavia High School
- Batavia Public School District 101, IL
- 461 reviews
- B+Yorkville High School
- Yorkville Community Unit School District No. 115, IL
- 275 reviews
Hinckley-Big Rock High School Reviews
The school has a lot of great things to show for it. Many of the teachers will go above and beyond for their students, and with the proper motivation, students can well prepare themselves for college. The downside is there are also members of the school and administration who do not care as much about the school as their coworkers and do not add as much to the the students experience.
I loved going to school at Hinckley Big Rock High School. It is a very tight knit community and everyone is very supportive of the sports, academics, and extra-curricular activities that go on with the school. I was a straight A student, took advantage of small class sizes in order to get close to my teachers and build relationships with them, I played sports all year long, I was involved in many clubs, and I had great friends. I loved my HBRHS High School experience and now that I am in college, I can definitely say that it has prepared me greatly for the future.
The extracurricular activities are available but are not very popular. Not very many people participate and they are not well funded. Types of activities that are more well known are FFA,FEA, and spanish club. The administration does not seem to really participate in the organizations. Every once in awhile there will be a fun field trip. Sports at our school are popular though! Several students participate in basketball, cheerleading, soccer, volleyball, and softball.