Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Hilton Head Island High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hilton Head Island, SC. It has 1,304 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Hilton Head Island High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A245 Students
- B+231 Students
- A225 Students
- B+112 Students
- C+74 Students
- A+60 Students
- B57 Students
- A55 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Hilton Head Island High School Reviews
My experience with Hilton Head Island High School was absolutely fantastic! There are so many interactive clubs and activities that make you become involved with the High School community and other communities outside of it. The classes that you can take in the high school are very rigorous and very fun and they reward you very well for your hard work. The IB Diploma program is definitely the way to go in Hilton Head High because once you take the classes, and pass the courses, you can obtain college credits that are invaluable if you aim to continue or education. Overall Hilton Head High is definitely the best High School in the county and arguably one of the best High Schools in the nation.
During the years I spent at HHIHS, I gained so much knowledge that has prepared me for college and my future. The teachers truly care about each and every student, and they are the most dedicated people I have ever met. The IB program here is amazing, and it helped me to rise to my fullest potential as a student and a member of the community. The principal, Mr. Schidrich, is a great school leader; he stays connected with the student body, cares about each student, and truly cares about improving the school whether it be academics, athletics, or extracurriculars.
I moved to Hilton Head for my senior year of high school. Sure, our building is the oldest of the Beaufort County Schools, and our dilapidated gym is in dire need of an air conditioning upgrade, but this school has something seldom schools do: heart. My school's heart is diverse, loud, and beautiful. The school body at HHIHS ebbs and flows and exchanges ideas, backgrounds, and behaviors that my old school's populace simply could not match. The instructors I have had my senior year are the genuinely some of the best educators I have ever had, and even though I haven't been here very long, I have truly fallen in love with HHIHS. It may not be perfect, but it's warm and heartfelt and, well, home. I'm proud to be a Seahawk; I'm proud to bleed white and blue.