Hilmar High School is a public school located in Hilmar, CA. It has 666 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Hilmar High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B127 Students
- B90 Students
- C-69 Students
- C67 Students
- A56 Students
- A+51 Students
- A43 Students
- B41 Students
- B+39 Students
- A-39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Hilmar High School
- A-Turlock High School
- Turlock Unified School District, CA
- 248 reviews
- B-Central Valley High School
- Ceres Unified School District, CA
- 233 reviews
- B+Hughson High School
- Hughson Unified School District, CA
- 126 reviews
- B-Livingston High School
- Merced Union High School District, CA
- 244 reviews
Hilmar High School Reviews
I love going to school at Hilmar High School. The relationships that students build with their teachers is really one of a kind and isn’t something that you see at most of the bigger schools. However, what I would like to change about the school is the academic opportunities. Most of our electives are AG/FFA based because of the area we live in and the lifestyle that most of our students grew up with. I just would’ve liked to have the chance to take more AP and Honors classes while I was an underclass men instead of having to wait until my junior year. Taking those courses would’ve helped bump up my GPA sooner and would’ve better prepared me for college.
Hilmar Highschool is lacking in diversity in seemingly all areas. The students live in a tight niche community that allows them to grow as a little family together. From an academic standpoint it would seem to me that the standards are really quite low. I have taken multiple AP classes over my course at Hilmar Highschool and I can say that in comparison to their traditional college prep classes, they are not all that more challenging or more help for passing the AP test by any means. I have been given a unique perspective in that I have not always attented hilmar high and therefore can compapre it to my prior highschool. That being said, I think Hilmar high is a terrifically safe campus to be on.
There are many things that every person loves about Hilmar High School. First of all, Hilmar High School is a very open school. Yes it is a small school but all of our administration and staff cares so much about all of the students at the high school. Our school is known for sports. We currently hold the title of the 2019 State Football Champions and 2019 First runner up State volleyball champions. We also have great academics and our counselors help us to apple to colleges and apply for scholarships.