Hillsdale High School is a public school located in Jeromesville, OH. It has 234 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Hillsdale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-34 Students
- A+34 Students
- B29 Students
- B-22 Students
- B21 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-16 Students
- A+14 Students
- B14 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Hillsdale High School
- B-Triway High School
- Triway Local School District, OH
- 149 reviews
- B-Crestview High School
- Crestview Local School District (Ashland), OH
- 42 reviews
- C+Mapleton High School
- Mapleton Local School District, OH
- 65 reviews
- B-Loudonville High School
- Loudonville-Perrysville Exempted Village School District, OH
- 60 reviews
Hillsdale High School Reviews
For the most part my experience at Hillsdale High has been exceptional. I made friends and had plenty of laughs. Even though our school may be small and not very wealthy, we have become a close knit community as a new generation enters into their freshman year, every year. We still have our imperfections , don't get me wrong, but we learn from our hardships as a group and work to make improvements every day! :)
I really enjoy the people and the environment. Since it is small, all the teachers, even the ones you do not have in class, know your name. It is a very rural country school which fits my lifestyle very well. However, since it is so small it greatly lacks diversity. For being such a small school there are numerous sports and activities to be involved with. Most students are involved with at least one extra-curricular activity.
I have gone to Hillsdale off and on since 2nd grade, and it has never been a good match for my personality. It's a small country school in the middle of nowhere with predominately white staff members and students. The dress code is relatively like that of a Catholic or Christian school and the people are not very accepting of any kind of difference. The staff doesn't do much about bullying and rarely pays enough attention to even teach a class.