Hillsborough High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A349 Students
- A175 Students
- A149 Students
- A+135 Students
- B98 Students
- B-93 Students
- B91 Students
- A+84 Students
- B+76 Students
- A+71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 61 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Schools like Hillsborough High School
- AMetuchen High School
- Metuchen Public Schools, NJ
- 98 reviews
- ABridgewater-Raritan High School
- Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District, NJ
- 367 reviews
- A+South Brunswick High School
- South Brunswick Public Schools, NJ
- 340 reviews
- A+East Brunswick High School
- East Brunswick Public Schools, NJ
- 462 reviews
Hillsborough High School Reviews
HHS is a great place to learn and grow up. Like every school, it has its flaws, namely diversity and the layout of the school. Getting from one class to another in five minutes is sometimes impossible depending on your location in the building. Students, however, all share Spirit Night together in May, competing against the other classes. This is the best night of the year and everybody looks forward to somehow getting involved, whether through the dance, the games, the video, or just cheering on their friends. HHS has a lot of sports and clubs for students to choose from, allowing them to figure out their interests.
Hillsborough High School has some great teachers that prepare students well for higher academics and standardized testing. Thus, this school ranks well in comparison to national averages. Some shortcomings and difficulties include the restrictions and prerequisites to take some classes and the rigor of certain classes.
I personally had a good experience at hillsborough high. I made many friends and participated in events and clubs etc. spirit night, football games, and prom are among my favorite memories from high school. I believe there really is a place for any student at the high school with all the programs and clubs we have at school. While some teacher actually cared and wanted to teach, others are unorganized pathetic excuses of educators. Some students cannot excel because the teachers favorite students, and you can't change teachers even if you have an issue with one. Some teachers could not care less about a single thing that goes on in school until their jobs are in the line and they must band together with the union to save their jobs. PE program in general is a mess. Beside all of that, hillsborough is a great place to go to school and I wouldn't have traded my experiences for anything.