Hillsborough High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hillsborough, NJ. It has 2,227 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Hillsborough High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A397 Students
- A204 Students
- A165 Students
- A+152 Students
- B113 Students
- B-105 Students
- B105 Students
- A+101 Students
- A-90 Students
- B+88 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyA-
- Cost of LivingC
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Schools like Hillsborough High School
- AMetuchen High School
- Metuchen Public Schools, NJ
- 101 reviews
- ABridgewater-Raritan High School
- Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District, NJ
- 378 reviews
- A+South Brunswick High School
- South Brunswick Public Schools, NJ
- 370 reviews
- A+East Brunswick High School
- East Brunswick Public Schools, NJ
- 483 reviews
Hillsborough High School Reviews
Hillsborough is a great place to get your education and prepare for college. Courses are rigorous; there are a lot of great AP classes offered, and students are well prepared for college. Extracurricular are also great, with great athletics and arts. The only main issue is the school's funding priorities for extracurricular athletics. Hillsborough's swim and track teams consistently win state championships, and their arts programs are ranked among the best in the state. However, these programs are all strapped for money, which is funneled instead into the struggling football program. Hillsborough needs to fix its funding priorities.
I've lived in various other states and in very different school systems, but Hillsborough Middle School and Hillsborough High School are absolutely amazing. Your teachers genuinely care about your education. In Middle School, our pod felt like a family, and at HHS, I can remember each of my teachers and smile. HHS also provides an array of opportunities in the form of electives and AP classes. If I had another year, I would take advantage of all of them: Mechanical Drawing, Medical Laboratory Techniques, Computer Programming 2... Not to mention, the ease for students to create a club that doesn't already exist. I was able to create Future Medical Leaders of America in a month and have it running for the 2017-2018 school year. The opportunities are endless at HHS. I recommend anyone to attend this amazing school. I'm actually sad to be graduating this year, but I wouldn't have gotten a better education anywhere else.
Hillsborough High School is well-equipped to give you some of the best education your child could want. Teachers are well-educated and lesson plans are organized and structured and I really feel like I'm ready for college. Courses that are mandatory such as Financial Literacy teaches students practical knowledge on how money works in the real world and gives insight as to how to fill out taxes, create a retirement plan, and a budget (most schools don't teach you this.) They've also implemented technology as a resource and this has had a huge impact on kids as they now have information readily available to them in class.