Hillsborough High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A320 Students
- A160 Students
- A136 Students
- A+119 Students
- B88 Students
- B-85 Students
- B83 Students
- A+70 Students
- A+67 Students
- A-66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 60 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Schools like Hillsborough High School
- AMetuchen High School
- Metuchen Public Schools, NJ
- 98 reviews
- ABridgewater-Raritan High School
- Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District, NJ
- 365 reviews
- A+South Brunswick High School
- South Brunswick Public Schools, NJ
- 335 reviews
- A+East Brunswick High School
- East Brunswick Public Schools, NJ
- 460 reviews
Hillsborough High School Reviews
Review Hillsborough High School
I personally had a good experience at hillsborough high. I made many friends and participated in events and clubs etc. spirit night, football games, and prom are among my favorite memories from high school. I believe there really is a place for any student at the high school with all the programs and clubs we have at school. While some teacher actually cared and wanted to teach, others are unorganized pathetic excuses of educators. Some students cannot excel because the teachers favorite students, and you can't change teachers even if you have an issue with one. Some teachers could not care less about a single thing that goes on in school until their jobs are in the line and they must band together with the union to save their jobs. PE program in general is a mess. Beside all of that, hillsborough is a great place to go to school and I wouldn't have traded my experiences for anything.
Graduating from Hillsborough High School allowed me to be very prepared for a college education; between my involvement in varsity ice-hockey that assisted in time management, my AP course load that gave a sample of the difficulty of college academics as well as providing me with credits, to the architecture classes I was able to take that gave me the inspiration to pursue it in college, the opportunities given to me through the school undoubtedly helped me get into the program I'm in now and have helped me since to succeed.
This school is really something special. There is a group/club/sport/activity for everyone and there is always friends to be made. HHS is not as cliquey as other schools nor as judgmental. The football games are a great experience, Spirit Night is a blast and the theatrical performances are amazing. There are so many events to go to and you'll never be alone!