Hillsboro Middle/High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hillsboro, KS. It has 299 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Hillsboro Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A31 Students
- B-18 Students
- B+15 Students
- B-15 Students
- A14 Students
- B9 Students
- B8 Students
- B+7 Students
- B6 Students
- B+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Hillsboro Middle/High School
- B+Marion High School
- Marion-Florence Unified School District, KS
- 14 reviews
- C+Peabody-Burns Junior/Senior High School
- Peabody-Burns Unified School District, KS
- 2 reviews
- B-Canton-Galva Jr/Sr High School
- Canton-Galva Unified School District, KS
- 21 reviews
- BGoessel High School
- Goessel Unified School District, KS
- 6 reviews
Hillsboro Middle/High School Reviews
Overall, my experience with Hillsboro High School has been okay. Hillsboro has shown potential, but there are many ways it could improve. Last year, students took a survey sent out by a student about school safety. Unfortunately, many, if not most students at HHS do not feel safe. This year, however, more thorough drills will be put into place. My hope for the school is better teacher/student relationships. Quite a few students feel out of place at school, and feel no connection with teachers and even fellow classmates. Currently, a group is working on these issues, but it may be some time before big changes occur.
I like how my school tries to do things to get us involved. For how small our school is, they do a lot outside of school to make sure we have fun for the four years we're here. 5th quarters, eclipse viewing, dances, and games around holidays are all great ways our school helps us. Pretty much all of the teachers are nice and easy to talk to. We go through all of the college prep stuff not only as seniors, but they are starting in middle school now. We are very fortunate that our school has implemented the STEM classes not only in the high school but the middle and elementary schools too. Pathways is another way they are helping us for our future. Not a lot of schools have this program, and while we don't have AP classes, our ability to go through pathways definitely helps us decide either what career we want or which ones we don't want. Our school definitely does all it can to improve our lives not only in high school, but after as well.
I love attending Hillsboro High School, truly. The teachers and staff are friendly and always help me if I need it. I am able to choose which classes I want to take, talk to my guidance counselor about what will work best for me (and my future), and also have the opportunity to take college classes for both High School and College credit. The amazing community we have here is incomparable to any other school. Our school spirit, dances, and other activities show it in such an obvious way. The academics, sports, music, theater, and spirit are just a couple things that make me proud to be a Hillsboro Trojan.