Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+27 Students
- A+22 Students
- A-22 Students
- A+21 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-19 Students
- A14 Students
- B+14 Students
- B13 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Hillsboro High School Reviews
Review Hillsboro High School
Hillsboro High School is one of the most unique schools I have been to in my life. In the two short years I have attended this school I have learned many things. This school is very different from my previous schools, and it has a distinct clic problem, which is noticeable as soon as you enter the building. I have also learned that many kids, even my age, have gone through many struggles, including losing a parent. The thing about this school is that many people who attend are very stuck in their ways but once you find the diamonds through the rocks you'll be just fine.
Hillsboro Independent School District is a small and loving district. Everyone in the town comes support every sporting event that takes place that day. One thing I would hope to change would be the cafeteria food and the trust of the administration.
All of my schooling has been in Hillsboro. I do not have a lot to compare it to. I do see that we DO NOT have teacher or parent support on a consistent basis. The same parents help with everything. Many parents don't even bother showing up for events. I do not know if I would choose a different path if I had it to do all over again. I have seen other schools that appear to be thriving and growing where our school does not seem to make progress from year to year.