Hillsboro High School
- HILLSBORO, TX
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Hillsboro High School is a public school located in HILLSBORO, TX. It has 528 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Hillsboro High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C minus71 Students
- grade A+59 Students
- grade B51 Students
- grade A+49 Students
- grade B minus48 Students
- grade A36 Students
- grade B+35 Students
- grade B34 Students
- grade A minus34 Students
- grade B29 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Hillsboro High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Friday night football and listening to the band75%
- Friday night football, Wood shop, and track17%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,996 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Schools like Hillsboro High School
- grade B+Itasca High School
- Itasca Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 51 reviews
- grade C+Whitney High School
- Whitney Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.4 out of 5 45 reviews
- grade BWest High School
- West Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 71 reviews
- grade C+Milford School
- Milford Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 8 reviews
Hillsboro High School Reviews
Rating 3.46 out of 5 91 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
It's an overall good campus and the majority of the staff is amazing. The student population is more diverse than the teacher population. College readiness could be better.
Hillsboro High School is overall a good school to attend, although the school is small they offer diverse electives.
I love the home town feel, and the very close interactions between teachers and students. No one is overwhelmed by the size of their classes which is a very nice trait to have in my opinion. Everyone is involved in everything with everyone. Something I'd like to see changed is how some of the teachers struggle to fully teach to everyone's ability, they only teach one sided and expect everyone to understand it perfectly.