Hillsboro High School is an above average, public school located in Hillsboro, MO. It has 1,132 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Hillsboro High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-80 Students
- A75 Students
- B68 Students
- A50 Students
- B+48 Students
- B+43 Students
- A42 Students
- A-38 Students
- B33 Students
- B30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Hillsboro High School
- B+Jefferson High School
- Jefferson County R-VII School District, MO
- 66 reviews
- BKingston High School
- Kingston K-XIV School District, MO
- 26 reviews
- BWindsor High School
- Windsor C-I School District, MO
- 49 reviews
- BNorthwest High School
- Northwest R-I School District, MO
- 188 reviews
Hillsboro High School Reviews
Hillsboro High School has a welcoming atmosphere. The staff members and students are great people. Everyone has a voice. Hillsboro has given the opportunity for students to be a student representative on the B.O.E. I was fortunate enough to be picked. They care about our opinions, and even allowed the representatives select kids to try and pick new menu items for our lunch. Every student at Hillsboro has a place, somewhere they clique. Weather that be in student council, FBLA, Nerd Society, or Gay Straight Alliance, no one is alone. Hillsboro cares about the academic success of its students. For finals week, student council puts together a “Cookies, cocoa, and crammin’” session the day before finals after school. Teachers stay after school to help students study one on one. A buffet of treats and cocoa is spread out. Hillsboro offers multiple dual credit classes and pushes students to attend Jefferson College for a half day to go to class specifically for their further careers.
There are numerous extra curricular opportunities available at my school. From sports to Nerd Society, there is absolutely something for everyone. The thing I love most is that the staff at my school really encourages everyone to get involved in something. I think this is great because this gives students a place to fit in, have fun, do something productive, and stay off the streets. All of the clubs are led by staff members who are passionate about that club which is great. The only bad thing is that my school does not have a lot of money, so a lot of clubs do not get the adequate amount of money that they need. The majority of money goes to the football team. Overall, the extra curricular opportunities at my school are great!
My school is okay, but if I could do it all over again, I would not go to this school. This is mainly because education is not super important at my school. A lot of the classes just prepare students to go to technical school or straight into the workforce, and this is not what I want to do. Considering I want to go to medical school eventually, I do not feel like I am getting a adequate education at my school. Also, I am not challenged enough at my school which really upsets me. However, there is great school spirit which I love. Football games are always fun to go to. Prom is always great, too. I would say that my school has a great environment but the academics just are not up to par.