Hillgrove High School is a highly rated, public school located in Powder Springs, GA. It has 2,466 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Hillgrove High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+491 Students
- B448 Students
- B+403 Students
- B+245 Students
- A+197 Students
- A-184 Students
- B-163 Students
- A+158 Students
- A155 Students
- B-149 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.60 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.60 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 203 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.90 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.100 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.100 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.100 responses
Hillgrove High School Reviews
The administration really cares about the students voices and want their input on how things work at the school. They also consistently are relaying information to us on new procedures and why they make the decisions they do. There is activities for everyone. Anyone can be involved because there are so many options. Being a band students, it's really nice that the school and administration, especially our principal, Mrs. Stewart, are so supportive of the art. I know many people who go to schools where the arts aren't supported at all and having that support at Hillgrove is amazing for students involved in any form of fine arts. The academics are also amazing. There are AP classes offered for almost every subject and there are many tutoring and after school sessions that allow people to get the help they need in subjects that they are struggling in. Hillgrove is wonderful and I'm very lucky to go to such an amazing school!
I loved my high school. I just graduated from Hillgrove in May of 2018. Throughout my four years I was involved with 13 clubs and organizations with leadership programs, volunteered regularly, working reguraky, and still graduated with a 4.0. The staff and Administration really encourage you to do well in their classes and in school. This school is very diverse with people of different races, political views, sexualities, and family backgrounds. I really appreciated this because it wasn't so black and white. There is literally something for everyone from arts, sports, academic clubs, religious clubs, and more. My class was 600 people and we all got along very well there is no bullying and is not clicky. They offer a lot for how to learn and are great with any accommodations. They offer Dual enrollment, online classes, ap and honors classes. They also use updated technology for classes. 10/10 recommend Hillgrove High school.
I am very satisfied with Hillgrove High School. Hillgrove is a school of excellence and has high expectation for their students. The classes challenge me to do my best in which I succeed in maintaining a 4.2 GPA. The staff is excellent. The teachers motivate students to strive to do their best. Hillgrove is one of the top academic schools in Georgia. Hillgrove has a diverse student body. Students comes from all over to attend. I, myself did school of choice in my county to attend Hillgrove due to their academic reputation. I would recommend Hillgrove to anyone looking for an excellence school that would prepare students for College.