Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Hillgrove High School is a highly rated, public school located in Powder Springs, GA. It has 2,399 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Hillgrove High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+679 Students
- B635 Students
- B589 Students
- B+342 Students
- B+265 Students
- A+261 Students
- A229 Students
- A+215 Students
- B-207 Students
- A201 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.74 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.74 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 259 responses
- Football games and spirit week29%
- Shop with a hawk volunteer work, homecoming, prom,17%
- Homecoming dance14%
- Pep rally10%
- Hillgrove Bonfire8%
- Football Tailgates6%
- Marching Band4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.104 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.114 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.114 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.114 responses
Hillgrove High School Reviews
I really enjoyed the culture at Hillgrove. School pride is crazy in Powder Springs, I still see so many cars with Hillgrove letter magnets. I was in the orchestra and marching band and being in the arts program at Hillgrove allowed me opportunities like preforming at Carnegie Hall and even in China. Our football team is well known, and you can find people wearing spirit wear everywhere. I fell in love with environmental engineering because of the wonderful math and science program there. Loved it!
I am a person who has just settled in the US for 2 years and am a sophomore at Hillgrove High. When I just entered school, my English is still not good, thanks to the kindness of the teachers, day by day, I gradually improved and got better, I gradually lost my inferiority complex. I find the teachers at Hillgrove High School are very friendly and helpful. In addition, Hillgrove High School has very good infrastructure. I really like the sports space of the school, it's very professional. The students of the school are one thing that I cannot fail to mention, they are very friendly and sociable. I also made very interesting friends. Hillgrove High School has given me the most comfort while studying there. Although I haven't studied there much yet, Hillgrove High School has left me with beautiful unforgettable memories.
The administration really cares about the students voices and want their input on how things work at the school. They also consistently are relaying information to us on new procedures and why they make the decisions they do. There is activities for everyone. Anyone can be involved because there are so many options. Being a band students, it's really nice that the school and administration, especially our principal, Mrs. Stewart, are so supportive of the art. I know many people who go to schools where the arts aren't supported at all and having that support at Hillgrove is amazing for students involved in any form of fine arts. The academics are also amazing. There are AP classes offered for almost every subject and there are many tutoring and after school sessions that allow people to get the help they need in subjects that they are struggling in. Hillgrove is wonderful and I'm very lucky to go to such an amazing school!