Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Hillcrest High School is a public school located in Strawberry, AR. It has 190 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B31 Students
- B-23 Students
- B-21 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-16 Students
- B-13 Students
- B-10 Students
- B10 Students
- B+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Hillcrest High School
- B-Cave City High Career & Collegiate Preparatory School
- Cave City School District, AR
- 47 reviews
- B-Tuckerman High School
- Jackson County School District, AR
- 11 reviews
Hillcrest High School Reviews
My experience with Hillcrest High School has been mostly positive. Of course, no school is without its flaws. Hillcrest became a New Tech School just before I started high school. My entire High school experience has been with New Tech and I have grown to really enjoy the New Tech system. Constantly having a MacBook, has given me the ability to learn and become quite comfortable with computers and it has stroked my interest in marketing. I currently plan on going into marketing and being able to easily design presentations, logos, and posters online has given me that ability to pursue that path. Hillcrest High School could improve in certain ways, including having an administration that is more focused on and in-tune with the students. There are times when it feels that, as a student, the administration is out-of-touch with our wants and needs as a student body. However, overall, my experience with Hillcrest High School has been a positive one that I will cherish.
Hillcrest High School is unique because we are technology and project based. We are a New Tech school. This means, we use MacBooks and we do projects rather that bookwork. We are given more responsibility and more opportunities to work together and to do hands-on activities! We also get experience with computers.
I have been going to Hillcrest my entire life, and I love everything about it except for one thing: the rules they choose to enforce. The dress code is sexist against females, but they only really call out the females who aren't related to someone who works at the school. Also, when sexual harrasment occurs, they don't really do much about it. Other than that, I love the small atmosphere of the school with the teacher to student ratio.