Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Hillcrest High School is a highly rated, public school located in Midvale, UT. It has 1,948 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Hillcrest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A821 Students
- B+428 Students
- C+315 Students
- C312 Students
- A+282 Students
- B+209 Students
- B207 Students
- C+174 Students
- C+165 Students
- B-155 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.55 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.55 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 190 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.78 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.86 responses
Hillcrest High School Reviews
Hillcrest has a very diverse culture that I really appreciate. There are so many different clubs and opportunities to get involved and meet new people. The teachers here care about the success of their students. I've created so many student teacher relationships that really helped me through my high school career. The principal is amazing! He's vulnerable and open with the students, and makes an effort to learn everyone's name. He drops by classes sometimes, and just says hi to us to make sure we're doing all right. He gets lots of feedback from students, and he makes sure our voices are heard.
Hillcrest High School is one of the best highschools there is. We are an international baccalaureate school which offers IB classes for college credit. You can also take AP classes or concurrent enrollment classes for college credit. The athletics are amazing. We might not be the best in the nation in everything but getting onto a team ensures your personal enjoyment and being grateful to be a part of that organization. On the team, everyone is friends with each other. You spend lots of time together and you become close friends that just makes you enjoy participating in that sport even more! If sports are not your thing, our theatre and music department is advanced and good. Everyone that does it says they enjoy it, and these programs all contribute to being one of the best schools in the state.
I’ve loved going to Hillcrest, and although I have not attended any other High schools to compare it to, I believe it is one of the best high schools in the state. The teachers are always willing to explain concepts as many times as necessary in order to make sure that every student understands and will be successful. The teachers and fellow students and so supportive and have been tremendously important in my overall positive experience!