Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-142 Students
- B138 Students
- B+102 Students
- B94 Students
- A+86 Students
- B+74 Students
- A66 Students
- B30 Students
- B22 Students
- A+22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Hillcrest High School
- C+Bonneville High School
- Bonneville Joint School District, ID
- 244 reviews
- B-Idaho Falls Senior High School
- Idaho Falls School District, ID
- 161 reviews
- CRigby High School
- Jefferson County Joint School District, ID
- 249 reviews
- BRirie Junior/Senior High School
- Ririe Joint School District, ID
- PK, K-12
- 39 reviews
Hillcrest High School Reviews
Review Hillcrest High School
Most teachers do the minimum they need to do, but are friendly and interested in the students. Other teachers don't understand what they are teaching, and therefore cant teach it to the students. Then there are the teachers who go above and beyond to not only make sure their students understand what is being taught, but to also let the students know that whatever they are going through they are their to help! My school had a variety of each of these teachers.
Great classes and great teachers. I most enjoyed my honors chemistry class, environmental science class, all girls gym class, and military history class. Lots of clubs to choose from. Not too many students, so classes are easy to get help from teachers. Hillcrest high school has a big auditorium and decently sized gym. Many classes to choose from and a few dual credit as well as combined online courses. Close to many restaurants for lunch too. The students are a bit more 'cliquey' than other schools it seems. Overall a great school.
The school's crowded and lacks diversity. The teachers for the most part don't really put in more effort than they have to, and the student government is always the same kinds of people- the wealthy, entitled, "popular" folk who feel like they waste time around those without their "status". The cafeteria serves the same kind of food year-round, with a plastic cup filled with sugary, syrupy strawberries being a staple. The administration recently refused to hire a fully qualified female Drama teacher who had put in her heart and soul into directing a whole musical for the students of Hillcrest ("Fiddler on the Roof" ) while permanently subbing at the school in place of our former Drama teacher who had been caught doing illegal activities. Why? Why didn't they hire this fully qualified, degree-displaying, relatable woman who had already formed bonds with the students? Because the guy the administration "chose" was close friends with the principal. Favoritism at its worst.