Hill-McCloy High School is a public school located in Montrose, MI. It has 392 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Hill-McCloy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B75 Students
- C63 Students
- B53 Students
- B48 Students
- A48 Students
- B-46 Students
- A+37 Students
- B-28 Students
- B+23 Students
- B+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Hill-McCloy High School
- NGMontrose Alternative Education Center
- Montrose Community Schools, MI
- C+Genesee Jr/Sr High School
- Genesee School District, MI
- 49 reviews
- C+E.A. Johnson Memorial High School
- Mt. Morris Consolidated Schools, MI
- 40 reviews
- C+St. Charles Community Middle/High School
- St. Charles Community Schools, MI
- 29 reviews
Hill-McCloy High School Reviews
Hill-McCloy is a great school! It encourages its students to get involved and support each other. They have many different award-winning clubs and sports, and many opportunities for kids to put themselves out there and to make their high school career an enjoyable one. Each student is treated equally and with upmost respect. The teachers at Hill-McCloy go beyond their responsibilities of being a teacher, they are mentors, counselors, role models, joke-makers, all of the above. They are greatly appreciated and loved by Hill-McCloy's students.
The atmosphere of a small town high school is great. With the smaller classes, you're able to learn more one-on-one with the teachers and get help when you need it. There are many clubs and sports teams to join that add to the high school experience.
Montrose is a small town with a lot of heart. It is a tight knit community that was a great place to grow up and attend high school. However, the academics were nowhere near proficient to prepare me to attend a top tier University like the University of Michigan.