Hill-McCloy High School is a public school located in MONTROSE, MI. It has 392 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Hill-McCloy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B67 Students
- C58 Students
- B43 Students
- B-43 Students
- B42 Students
- A42 Students
- A+34 Students
- B-26 Students
- B+22 Students
- B+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Hill-McCloy High School
- NGMontrose Alternative Education Center
- Montrose Community Schools, MI
- C+Genesee High School
- Genesee School District, MI
- 47 reviews
- CE.A. Johnson Memorial High School
- Mt. Morris Consolidated Schools, MI
- 39 reviews
- CSt. Charles Community Middle/High School
- St. Charles Community Schools, MI
- 27 reviews
Hill-McCloy High School Reviews
Hill-McCloy is a great school! It encourages its students to get involved and support each other. They have many different award-winning clubs and sports, and many opportunities for kids to put themselves out there and to make their high school career an enjoyable one. Each student is treated equally and with upmost respect. The teachers at Hill-McCloy go beyond their responsibilities of being a teacher, they are mentors, counselors, role models, joke-makers, all of the above. They are greatly appreciated and loved by Hill-McCloy's students.
I went to Montrose schools my whole life and I did like it but I would like to see more diversity in the school district. I would also like to see the teachers prepare the students more for college because the materials they gave us were nothing like it would be in college. They said all through school they were just preparing us for college but it was a huge difference. overall Montrose schools are "okay".
Not all teachers here deserve to be described as great. There is a few who only teach to get the day by and don't show true interest in us at all. However, most of our teachers do there best in giving us engaging lessons and teaching us based on our learning ability. Our teachers have respect for us students and they help us through our daily lives. They care a lot about our future and do their best to help us succeed. They do their best to be available after school for students who are struggling and may have questions after school. I feel that we have really friendly and approachable teachers who are truly here for us/.