Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Hiland High School is an above average, public school located in Millersburg, OH. It has 444 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Hiland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+32 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-25 Students
- B19 Students
- C+17 Students
- B16 Students
- B-15 Students
- B+13 Students
- B+11 Students
- A-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Hiland High School
- B-West Holmes High School
- West Holmes Local School District, OH
- 102 reviews
- B+Dover High School
- Dover City School District, OH
- 126 reviews
- BGaraway High School
- Garaway Local School District, OH
- 39 reviews
- BWaynedale High School
- Southeast Local School District (Apple Creek), OH
- 69 reviews
Hiland High School Reviews
I love Hiland because of its amazing faculty members, strong academics, and great extracurricular programs. These are some of the most important things a school should have. I love the teachers and staff, as they make school fun to come to every day. The sports programs are excellent, and the choral and band programs are known to be some of the best and most prepared throughout the tri-county area. Both sports and arts programs have won many events and awards for how well they prepare their students. However, when it comes to the school culture, that is a bit of a different story. It is a very cliquey environment, and many students are ignored and very lonely.
Overall, Hiland is a great school with exceptional standards and faculty. However, as a student, I wish there were more opportunities available for us to experience the real world. For instance, we do not have home economics or even many similar classes. In addition, I wish there was a more diverse range of extracurricular activities. To elaborate, as of now, the school only offers a few different sports and only two or three clubs. I would love to see the school accommodate many different types of students.
Hiland is a very smart and talented school. Our sports and theatre programs have some of the best, most talented students. We also have many straight A students. The school is also very safe. It’s in a safe community and we’re ready for any type of emergency situation. But, there’s little to no diversity and the class choices are poor. The school as a whole needs to broaden its horizons and the people need to be more open minded. My overall experience was honestly average at best.