Hightstown High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hightstown, NJ. It has 1,538 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Hightstown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A381 Students
- A-184 Students
- B153 Students
- B150 Students
- B149 Students
- C120 Students
- A+120 Students
- A+118 Students
- B108 Students
- A103 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 105 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like Hightstown High School
- ALawrence High School
- Lawrence Township Public School District, NJ
- 238 reviews
- A-Old Bridge High School
- Old Bridge Township School District, NJ
- 549 reviews
- AFreehold Borough High School
- Freehold Regional High School District, NJ
- 289 reviews
- A-Northern Burlington County Regional High School
- Northern Burlington County Regional School District, NJ
- 269 reviews
Hightstown High School Reviews
Coming across good administration here is a hit and miss. Most of them are here because they have to be, and it’s evident. I feel that if the school fostered an environment that inspired students then more students would be willing to put in the effort to become successful. I recently moved to the area, and I’ve witnessed and experienced so much prejudice and bigotry (especially when nothing is done about it). It feels like second nature to dismiss this for “teenage behavior”, but it’s unacceptable for a growing and learning. I’ve never been more uncomfortable in my life. It’s nice to have the diversity but Hightstown shouldn’t be applauding themselves for it because it’s not being utilized positively. We just have a bunch of people from different backgrounds that use this difference to organize cliches. There’s no respect or humanity here.
Hightstown High School has a very culturally diverse environment and provides the education any student needs to go anywhere they want in life. Everyone is friendly and you will always meet new friends that you have things in common with that you never even knew about. You will meet teachers that can create close connections with you and are always willing to help if you ever need anything. The class scheduling is very diverse and you can take almost any elective class you can think of, of your interest. The sports and clubs are the best opportunity to get involved with the school and to meet new people.
Throughout the 4 years I have been attending Hightstown High School It has been a very beautiful experience. I have learned a hand full of new things not only academically but about myself and my life. I am very proud to call Hightstown High School my home. They are helpful in every kind of way and never did they make me feel alone. I had help with college application all the time and not only that but with any problem I had someone was always there. It has been the best 4 years and I would not have chosen any other high school to attend, this one is absolutely the best!