Highlands High School is a top rated, public school located in Fort Thomas, KY. It has 996 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Highlands High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A239 Students
- A-228 Students
- B-217 Students
- A-175 Students
- B-112 Students
- B-58 Students
- B+49 Students
- C+38 Students
- B37 Students
- A+36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Highlands High School
- A+Madeira High School
- Madeira City School District, OH
- 125 reviews
- A+Mariemont High School
- Mariemont City Schools, OH
- 71 reviews
- A+Turpin High School
- Forest Hills Local School District, OH
- 274 reviews
- ALoveland High School
- Loveland City School District, OH
- 217 reviews
Highlands High School Reviews
Highlands is not only an institution making sure students are prepared and well rounded, but they are a community. Whether it be the kids involvement in programs to help newcomers, the teachers working tirelessly, the administration keeping everyone informed and working to keep our school at the great standard we know and love, or the parents giving back every single day. This school cannot be matched!
What I like about Highlands High School is that the school focuses strongly on academics, and the teachers and administration want all students to succeed. Highlands prepares students for the future. Also, the amount of school spirit that Highlands has is incredible!
The school had a very high standard for education. The issue with this, however, was that the grade needed to receive an A was a 95%. This led many students to high stress and depression. Also, the school nurses didn't care about kids and assumed all illnesses were faked. Bullying was completely ignored, and the school posted a required mental health survey, stating specifically that it was anonymous, and then made every student who reported depression or anxiety speak to the guidance counselor.