Highlands High School is a top rated, public school located in Fort Thomas, KY. It has 996 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Highlands High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A218 Students
- A-207 Students
- B-196 Students
- A-164 Students
- B-103 Students
- B-52 Students
- B+44 Students
- B37 Students
- C+34 Students
- A-33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Highlands High School
- A+Madeira High School
- Madeira City School District, OH
- 121 reviews
- A+Mariemont High School
- Mariemont City Schools, OH
- 71 reviews
- A+Turpin High School
- Forest Hills Local School District, OH
- 274 reviews
- ALoveland High School
- Loveland City School District, OH
- 217 reviews
Highlands High School Reviews
What I like about Highlands High School is that the school focuses strongly on academics, and the teachers and administration want all students to succeed. Highlands prepares students for the future. Also, the amount of school spirit that Highlands has is incredible!
The school had a very high standard for education. The issue with this, however, was that the grade needed to receive an A was a 95%. This led many students to high stress and depression. Also, the school nurses didn't care about kids and assumed all illnesses were faked. Bullying was completely ignored, and the school posted a required mental health survey, stating specifically that it was anonymous, and then made every student who reported depression or anxiety speak to the guidance counselor.
I loved how challenged I was everyday, and safe the environment was! I am currently a freshmen in college, and I feel that Highlands prepared me well. I was able to adjust to college, and the work force very easily. The teachers and administration of Highlands High School are very hard working, and caring. The teachers went out of their way to make the classrooms a fun learning environment! They would also go out of their way to stay late after school hours and help students who needed it. Overall, I enjoyed my time at Highlands High School, and there isn't anything I would change! Highlands High School has taught me to have self discipline, a strong work ethic, help others, and to value my resources. I would recommend anyone to send their child to Highlands High School!