Highland Home High School is a public school located in Highland Home, AL. It has 827 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Highland Home High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B67 Students
- A53 Students
- A-49 Students
- B-45 Students
- A41 Students
- B31 Students
- B-29 Students
- B28 Students
- B22 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Highland Home High School
Highland Home High School Reviews
My experience at Highland Home School has been alright. I have been here since the 6th grade where I moved from Ohio. There have been a few bumps in the road mainly have been my fault, but I have learned from my mistakes. I enjoy all the classes hear and have no problems with any of the teachers. I also have a decent GPA 3.4. I enjoy my classmates and really do not have a problem with any of the other students in the school. Over my time at Highland their have been many improvements since my time at Highland including Athletics, Academics and alot more
The teachers definitely need to be retrained. They sit on phones all day and don't teach their classes. The new administration has been trying to fix the staff problem, so hopefully that will be fixed soon. The food was decent. Some days it was good, and some days it was terrible. The facilities were always nasty, with dead bugs and rodents. Rats would roam around our classes sometimes, and it was disgusting. Overall, I'd say the school needs a ton of improvement. I would never send my kids to it the way it is right now.
In personal reference, the school and the community that surrounds you is great! There are many opportunities that prepare you for the upcoming world and challenge you to your limits. The teachers are great and always willing to lend a helping hand!