Highland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Medina, OH. It has 1,050 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Highland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+128 Students
- B-110 Students
- B92 Students
- A-92 Students
- A-74 Students
- B61 Students
- A60 Students
- A+50 Students
- B36 Students
- B35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Highland High School
- ANorth Royalton High School
- North Royalton City School District, OH
- 207 reviews
- AOlmsted Falls High School
- Olmsted Falls City School District, OH
- 162 reviews
- A-Independence High School
- Independence Local School District, OH
- 66 reviews
- ABrecksville-Broadview Heights High School
- Brecksville-Broadview Heights City School District, OH
- 310 reviews
Highland High School Reviews
It’s a great school with an amazing academic focus! There’s a huge push to take challenging classes such as Honors, AP, and even CCP and a huge emphasis on GPA. Most teachers are helpful, benevolent, and sane. When there’s a problem administration tries to fix it ASAP. As for college readiness, Highland provides a great environment for learning to manage time especially with most students playing sports, attending clubs, and taking “advanced” classes. This leads to mature seniors however we are all sheltered in a way due to the small class sizes and extremely caucasian demographic. Food’s fine.
I have gone to Highland since kindergarten. It's a small school with a very loving community. The staff members are very understanding and will always make time for you if you are in need. They work to create relationships so students will trust them and they care about us all. Mr. Huffman, the principal, knows all the students by name and is always up to talk or listen. The staff members always stand in the hallways before and after school and also in between periods to say hello to kids and ask them how their day is going. There are also lots of great opportunities with college credit and extracurricular activities. Highland makes sure when the students graduate, they are leaving prepared for what comes next. I am very grateful that I grew up in such a great school.
Over the past 17 years of my life, I can without a doubt say that high school has been the best years yet. At Highland, we strive for excellence and push ourselves to become stronger (In both academics and athletics). They allow students to explore and take on new things, but most importantly they prepare us for the next steps in life. This past year, Highland High School made the AP District Honor Roll for the eighth year straight. Although we take academics very seriously, having fun isn't at all against the rules. This past year, administration put together swarm days throughout the year. Being that we are the Highland Hornets, you can see where the term swarm comes from. These swarm days were filled with shortened classes, motivational speakers, and games galore. We also have one of the rowdiest student sections in our league on Friday nights. Although I can’t tell you every student’s name, I can tell you that every face is a familiar one. That is what makes Highland, Highland.