Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Highland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Medina, OH. It has 1,046 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
Highland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+173 Students
- grade B minus145 Students
- grade A minus122 Students
- grade B119 Students
- grade A minus101 Students
- grade A minus88 Students
- grade B minus84 Students
- grade A+72 Students
- grade B56 Students
- grade B+53 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 58 responses
- Class Color Day28%
- Homecoming football games24%
- Pep rallies10%
- Basketball games7%
- Spirit Week5%
- Art show2%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,717 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 31 responses
Schools like Highland High School
- grade A minusNorth Royalton High School
- North Royalton City School District, OH
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 240 reviews
- grade AOlmsted Falls High School
- Olmsted Falls City School District, OH
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 186 reviews
- grade A minusIndependence High School
- Independence Local School District, OH
- Rating 4 out of 5 69 reviews
- grade ABrecksville-Broadview Heights High School
- Brecksville-Broadview Heights City School District, OH
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 333 reviews
Highland High School Reviews
Rating 4.15 out of 5 195 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Highland High School is a school that cares about its students! This is something I felt as soon as I entered as a freshman. Staff and other students were very welcoming, making sure that as a freshman, I was well adjusted.Counselors were always available to talk, which was very important to me all throughout my high school career. Highland High was sure to always involve students in activities and always were finding a way to make every student's high school experience, fun and stress-free!
It’s a great school with an amazing academic focus! There’s a huge push to take challenging classes such as Honors, AP, and even CCP and a huge emphasis on GPA. Most teachers are helpful, benevolent, and sane. When there’s a problem administration tries to fix it ASAP. As for college readiness, Highland provides a great environment for learning to manage time especially with most students playing sports, attending clubs, and taking “advanced” classes. This leads to mature seniors however we are all sheltered in a way due to the small class sizes and extremely caucasian demographic. Food’s fine.
Great school in Medina, Ohio. Excellent staff and student body is wonderful. My four years there were excellent!