Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Highland High School is a public school located in Marengo, OH. It has 554 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Highland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+82 Students
- A-49 Students
- B44 Students
- A-34 Students
- B30 Students
- B23 Students
- A-22 Students
- B20 Students
- B-19 Students
- B-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responses
- Football games44%
- Basketball Games22%
- Pep Rally's22%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Highland High School
- BMt. Gilead High School
- Mount Gilead Exempted Village School District, OH
- 27 reviews
- BFredericktown High School
- Fredericktown Local School District, OH
- 84 reviews
- BCenterburg High School
- Centerburg Local School District, OH
- 82 reviews
- BBig Walnut High School
- Big Walnut Local School District, OH
- 172 reviews
Highland High School Reviews
Highland High-school has a good Administrative and Teacher staff. I feel like I can always go to my teachers for anything. The diversity at the school is pretty poor, but that is to be expected when you live out in the country. The one thing I wish was better about the school or would like to see change is classes that really prepare you for being an adult. There isn't a class that teaches students how to budget their money or how to save. I think a class or classes like these will better prepare us students for when we are living on our own.
Great small town school with great academics and athletics. Majority of all students take advanced and AP courses while also participating in a multitude of extracurricular activities. I personally found that a majority of the staff truly care about the success of the student and are willing to put in extra time to help them out. There are a couple teachers that I have encountered that careless and self-centered, they really only care about themselves and don't care about the success and welfare of the student.
I started at the Highland local school district right from the beginning. The faculty and staff were very supportive in anything you needed, school or personal,and they always made sure to make you feel included and important. Some kids would complain about hating it there and talk about how the school was mostly about sports, which is sort of true. Highland is a pretty small school within a small town and like any school like this, this is what happens especially football. But in my opinion I think that it was a very amazing experience attending this school, they made sure that everyone had something that was in their interest, it was just a matter of signing up for those activities.