Highland High School is an above average, public school located in Highland, NY. It has 545 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Highland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B37 Students
- C33 Students
- A-29 Students
- A-28 Students
- A+26 Students
- B+22 Students
- A-19 Students
- B18 Students
- B18 Students
- A-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Highland High School
- B+Valley Central High School
- Valley Central School District, NY
- 151 reviews
- B+Kingston High School
- Kingston City School District, NY
- 222 reviews
- BFranklin D. Roosevelt Senior High School
- Hyde Park Central School District, NY
- 209 reviews
- A-Roy C. Ketcham Senior High School
- Wappingers Central School District, NY
- 248 reviews
Highland High School Reviews
Overall, the school has provided me with many opportunities with both academics and extracurricular activities. Many schools around me are very small (less than 150 in a graduating class) but Highland has provided many AP/College classes. They are an extremely close community and the teachers just want to see the students succeed. The outside community is always willing to donate and provide different community service opportunities.
I enjoyed the ability to take college level classes and challenge myself in topics that I enjoyed, mainly Sciences and Spanish. I was able to participate in sports every season, even joined the "boys" wrestling team. My favorite thing about the school, aside from my friends, was the chance to attend a vocational school for half a day in my junior and senior year and learn how to fly planes!
The school was pretty good. I would've liked more options for classes. Some teachers were very great and I learned a lot from them. The school provided many extracurricular activities such as clubs and sports.