Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Highland High School is an above average, public school located in Highland, NY. It has 545 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Highland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+44 Students
- grade A minus37 Students
- grade C minus37 Students
- grade A minus32 Students
- grade B+32 Students
- grade A+31 Students
- grade A minus31 Students
- grade A+23 Students
- grade B minus23 Students
- grade A21 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responses
- Football games33%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$25,112 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Schools like Highland High School
- grade B+Valley Central High School
- Valley Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.14 out of 5 161 reviews
- grade B+Kingston High School
- Kingston City School District, NY
- Rating 3.39 out of 5 234 reviews
- grade BFranklin D. Roosevelt Senior High School
- Hyde Park Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.41 out of 5 225 reviews
- grade A minusRoy C. Ketcham Senior High School
- Wappingers Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 270 reviews
Highland High School Reviews
Rating 3.56 out of 5 66 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Overall, the school has provided me with many opportunities with both academics and extracurricular activities. Many schools around me are very small (less than 150 in a graduating class) but Highland has provided many AP/College classes. They are an extremely close community and the teachers just want to see the students succeed. The outside community is always willing to donate and provide different community service opportunities.
School feels like a community, it's a small school but everyone knows each other. The teachers really care about the students and students their have many opportunities to earn college credit, either through Suny Ulster or New Paltz. The school also host a lot of fun activities in clubs in the school like dances.
This school has many ways to be successful. Most teachers are always available during lunch, study halls, or after school to help students with work or understanding a lesson better. I do not like the when certain teachers stand in front of the class and just talk the whole period because I lose focus. The activities and events are fun and safe.