Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Highland High School is a public school located in Hardy, AR. It has 526 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Highland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B132 Students
- A-89 Students
- B78 Students
- C+71 Students
- B-54 Students
- B-40 Students
- B-38 Students
- B+28 Students
- A-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Highland High School Reviews
Highland High School is an average high school - nothing more, nothing less. We have little to no diversity and school culture. Our school spirit is very lacking due to the negative attitude of the students. As a small sized school everyone knows everyone else business so there is constant gossip and drama. It is possible to avoid this, but it takes quite some effort. On the bright side we have teachers who care and most teach well, a handful of clubs to participate in, and the setting feels pretty safe. Administration at Highland does try to get students involved and raise school spirit - the students just don't want to make an effort. I hope to see the attitude of students change within the next few years.
Hello! I have been at Highland High School for 12 schools now. Of course as any other school there are numerous positives and negatives. Some positives about going to HHS would include all the extra-curricular activities we offer, as well the excellent skill level of all our sports teams. A negative about HHS would be that there is a great amount of fighting and drama that takes place there. Overall, you have spectacular teachers, decent food, and so many classes to choose from.
Highland high school has given me the best foundation I could have for preparing for my future. They have not only taught me everything I needed to know for my classes, but have also given me life skills that have better equipped me for my college career! I'm very blessed to have attended Highland high. Through the years any problems they may have arose they have work diligently to fix, making each year better than the last! I couldn't change a thing!