Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Highland High School is a public school located in Cowiche, WA. It has 367 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Highland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus74 Students
- grade A minus66 Students
- grade B minus55 Students
- grade A43 Students
- grade C40 Students
- grade B+32 Students
- grade B+18 Students
- grade B+16 Students
- grade A minus10 Students
- grade B+10 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade D
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- Our basketball games are really fun67%
- Spirit Week33%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,099 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 8 responses
Schools like Highland High School
- grade C minusNaches Valley High School
- Naches Valley School District, WA
- Rating 3.17 out of 5 66 reviews
- grade C+East Valley High School
- East Valley School District, WA
- Rating 3.44 out of 5 71 reviews
- grade C+Eisenhower High School
- Yakima School District, WA
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 336 reviews
- grade B minusSelah High School
- Selah School District, WA
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 129 reviews
Highland High School Reviews
Rating 3.69 out of 5 48 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I love this school! Many look or hear of our school and ask “where is that?” Yes this school is small but in a way big. Everyone knows each other and you cannot walk down the hall without someone’s waving at you or saying “hi!” Our school assures that everyone is welcome, loved and treated with respect. With our school year motto of being “Rad in Plaid” students go all out to ensure the meet the criteria! Nobody get bullied and teachers are awesome! Teachers go out of their way to help there are some that don’t but most do! Security is one of the top priorities at our schools with a lot of drills in case of emergency and a lot of cameras. I can say I will miss Highland dearly because it is home! Shout out to c/o 2018! Go Scots!
I really like that in Highland High School everyone knows everyone because its a small school and there is many activities, clubs, and sports through out the year that all can join and make new friends. However, something they can maybe take in mind to change is the rules for behavior and not give so many chance to those who keep doing bad things or inappropriate .
Highland High School is a small school, consisting of about three hundred students. Although some people might frown about attending a small school, I actually love it. With less students, everyone knows each other and the teachers develop close but professional relationships with the students. It creates a more comfortable environment for everyone. Also, there is not a problem with bullying here and there are rare occurrences of fights. The thing I would like to change is the variety if classes offered. For example, the only foreign languages offers here are Spanish and French, but I would love to learn and take classes on Korean or Japanese.