High School Math Science & Engineering at The City College of New York (CCNY) Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-63 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+49 Students
- A-44 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+30 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like High School Math Science & Engineering at The City College of New York (CCNY)
- AColumbia Secondary School
- New York City Geographic District No. 5, NY
- 79 reviews
- A+High School of American Studies at Lehman College
- New York City Geographic District No. 10, NY
- 92 reviews
- A+Brooklyn Technical High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 13, NY
- 1,537 reviews
- A+New Explorations into Science,Technology & Math School
- New York City Geographic District No. 1, NY
- 166 reviews
High School Math Science & Engineering at The City College of New York (CCNY) Reviews
HSMSE is a highly competitive school, preparing students well for college. The school offers many advanced and AP courses, along with a selection of unique classes for engineering that aren't offered at any other city school. The Mt Sinai Hospital track offered to juniors and seniors is one of the school's best things it has to offer. The small community makes good student-teacher relationships, which is very important in the college process. Additionally, HSMSE is on CCNY's college campus- this ensures safety for all students and also gives access the the college's gym and cafeteria facilities. As a senior, I've grown to love the school and its staff. The engineering classes I've taken have greatly impacted my choice of majors and career interests, and the guidance counselor does an amazing job at helping me find the right school for me.
Going to the HS for Math Science and Engineering at CCNY has been an interesting experience to say the least. Being a specialized high school, the majority of students that go there are very intelligent, competitive, yet friendly and polite. Though small, HSMSE brags Division A sports teams, a strong academic student body, and even room for arts in some cases. Though it has had its issues with cheating as many high schools do, the administration works very hard to maintain the integrity and honor of the school. HSMSE offers an excellent high school education and experience.
This school has amazing diversity in its student body. The teachers are very kind and understanding. Though sometimes the work load can get pretty hard to handle, the faculty is always there to help with homework questions or after school for tutoring. Overall, the school is academically rigorous, competitive, and has a very sociable environment. The school is small so it is not hard to get to know everyone in your grade. The teams at the school are also another part that makes this school so great, it feels like a second family.