Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
High Point Academy Spartanburg is a public, charter school located in Spartanburg, SC. It has 1,257 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 39% in reading.
High Point Academy Spartanburg Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A42 Students
- B+42 Students
- A41 Students
- B41 Students
- A-39 Students
- B-35 Students
- B35 Students
- A34 Students
- B31 Students
- B31 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
High Point Academy Spartanburg Reviews
You will not find a better school in the upstate. Not only do the teachers care about their children as a whole, but the administrators take a vested interest in them as well. It's about more than just a test at HPA. The close knit community is conducive to families and I love that children can start in kindergarten and stay there until they graduate. Their sports program is on the up and up as well. Their basketball team isn't expected to win state this year and they had threee wrestlers compete in the state competition last year. They also offer soccer, cheerleading, volleyball, softball, and baseball. If you're looking for a school to send your children to that is different from those he or she has been to, you definitely need to set up a tour of HPA. We love it!
High Point is a very sufficient school, but there are some physical problems that could have been taken care of. A couple of stalls in every bathroom either do not have locks, doors, toilet seats and are always out of toilet paper. The school could also loosen up their grip on the students. Complaints from the students have recently been about how strict the school is, how athletes get away with a lot of concerning matters/grades, and how seniors do not have many privileges like most high schools. Many teachers have been fired from the school, therefore students views of the school have been saturated with horrible thoughts of how the school will be when they attend. Although, the school is a great learning environment for students who are focused on self-improvement.
High Point Academy (HPA) is a public charter school in Spartanburg, South Carolina. HPA offers education based on technology from grades K-12. This is an outstanding school that also offers many activities, clubs, and sports. HPA also offers dual college credits through Spartanburg Community College which provides juniors and seniors an opportunity to obtain college credits while attending highschool. Attendance for the 2018-19 school year is over 1300 students. Principals and staff are very considerate, educated, and personal with each student. HPA offers a small teacher/student ratio on an average of 1:18.