COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We are taking every reasonable step to ensure the health and safety of our community, while creating a learning environment worthy of our pedagogical approach which emphasizes in-person learning. We work closely with students and their families, which allows us to be confident that we will experience a positive, joyful 2020-21 school year, nimbly adapting to whatever the year brings. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B minus
Home to about 300 students in Preschool through Grade 12, our school is small. Yet it is not our size that matters most, but the principles upon which our school was founded and the values that inspire and inform our curriculum and our work with students. In our rapidly evolving world where speed and conflict seem to predominate, we believe in and stand for perennial values. We believe children deserve the fullness of their childhood. We believe students’ capacities should be patiently nurtured. We believe that each individual child has a unique destiny to fulfill and that as educators we are in service to their intention. We believe that human beings hold a special place and commensurate responsibility in the world, and we strive to guide students through the discovery, appreciation, and care for every aspect of being human.
High Mowing School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+8 Students
- grade B+8 Students
- grade B+7 Students
- grade A7 Students
- grade B+6 Students
- grade A+6 Students
- grade A+5 Students
- grade B5 Students
- grade B minus5 Students
- grade A minus5 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
- May Day, Yule Festival, Prom, Sunday Dinner67%
- Spirit Week17%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
- Offers Full WeekYes
- Offers Part WeekYes
- Offers Full DayYes
- Offers Part DayYes
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
High Mowing School Reviews
High Mowing is a great place to be yourself... It is a supportive community where young people can find their true selves without pressure to conform, while gaining a well-rounded education. On a beautiful 300-acre hilltop campus, the diverse student population has access to strong academic programs, fine arts, hand work, music, language, sports, naturalist, circus arts programs, & more. It's a transformative community of people, young & old, where all are valued & education is the mission.
Like most schools, you get out of it what you put into it. While colleges love High Mowing students for their creativity & independent thinking, the unique experiential education prepares students for whatever path they may choose to follow. Alums include farmers & lawyers, artists & engineers, film makers & educators, bankers & Cirque du Soleil artists.
Check it out!
Young people with aspirations in the arts, liberal arts, sciences, technology, and business benefit from the flexibility of the curriculum and resources available to pursue studies in these areas virtually without limitation. The school has expanded, and is now offering pre-K through twelfth grade, and has launched myriad new educational, artistic, and athletic programs in recent years. I'm envious of the young people attending High Mowing today!