Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Hico High School is an above average, public school located in Hico, TX. It has 290 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Hico High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus60 Students
- grade A minus24 Students
- grade A+22 Students
- grade A16 Students
- grade B+15 Students
- grade B minus14 Students
- grade A14 Students
- grade A+14 Students
- grade B+11 Students
- grade B10 Students
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responses
- Senior events50%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,572 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 4 responses
Hico High School Reviews
Rating 3.84 out of 5 38 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Moving from a 5A school to a 2A school as a sophomore was definitely a major change. I was welcomed with open arms, and met so many friends. There are so many teachers at Hico that are so caring, and want their students to succeed. I feel safe going to school everyday, especially with all the security we have. There are some schools that don't have security, so we are very blessed to have that. I have enjoyed Hico, and can't wait to graduate with my friends in 2020!
I moved from a 5A school to Hico at the beginning of my junior year, and as much as I expected to hate it, I was pleasantly surprised with how much I ended up enjoying school at Hico. I was able to make friends quickly, connect with teachers and staff fairly easily, and the school is very easy to maneuver, compared to a big school. All in all, I have really enjoyed my last 2 years of school at Hico, and I'm excited to graduate with the rest of my 2020 class!
The Hico High School had amazing teachers and staff, a great principal who worked hard, and in general, had a great atmosphere. The only thing I would like to see changed would be more leniency in the dress code, as it is very conservative.