Hicksville High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hicksville, NY. It has 1,714 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Hicksville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-259 Students
- A+189 Students
- B+181 Students
- B163 Students
- B+153 Students
- A+110 Students
- C110 Students
- B106 Students
- A-100 Students
- B100 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Hicksville High School
- A-Long Beach High School
- Long Beach City School District, NY
- 208 reviews
- ALawrence Senior High School
- Lawrence Union Free School District, NY
- 140 reviews
- A-West Hempstead High School
- West Hempstead Union Free School District, NY
- 154 reviews
- AIslip High School
- Islip Union Free School District, NY
- 177 reviews
Hicksville High School Reviews
Hicksville High School is a place that has a very diverse and welcoming environment in which students can truly prosper. This is a school that supports one another especially in times of need. I am proud to say I am a student at Hicksville High School as it is truly a great school to learn and grow in. The teachers here are very passionate, caring and driven to see students prosper and achieve success! There are a variety of classes this school offers and many field trips to attend as well. This also offers a variety of AP classes and I can truly say they prepare you well for the exams given. This school offers a variety of options for clubs and activities so there is a place for every student to get involved if they truly want to. Hicksville High School creates and fosters an environment that enables students to grow not only as students but also as individuals.
Where I attend High School is a very different place from many other high schools. Hicksville High School is a great high school for multiple reasons. My high school is extremely diverse which allows me to be familiar with so many different other cultures around me. I also get the opportunity to be aware that no matter what religion or ethnicity you are, we are all human. In addition, some might be strongly academically, or maybe some are more into the arts, or sports, but everyone in my high school receives an opportunity for success. If academics isn't a strong point for you, being engaged in clubs, sports, internships, volunteer work, performing arts, and other extracurricular activities helps you balance school with other factors of life. In the long run, my high school experience is helping me to be more prepared for my future, when I have to balance work common life responsibilities. The choice is up to the student, not the grade written down on a test.
I am a senior at Hicksville high school and the school can be considered to be one of the best stem schools because the amount of involvement that the faculty and students have within themselves is extraordinarily amazing. The teachers are really well trained in their own field. Moreover, they make the class fun for you with their own way of teaching things. I came to this school when I was a junior from an entirely different country and the amount of hospitality and kindness that faculty and the students showed me is mesmerizing. The Hicksville music and arts department is actually known throughout New York because of students' contribution in special events for their special fields. Overall my experience at this school was amazing and the amount of events and small things that the school does to give back to the students and the community is certainly remarkable.The only change I would like to see is no change because it’s really beautiful the way it is already.