Hialeah Gardens Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-358 Students
- C+306 Students
- A+200 Students
- A+179 Students
- A164 Students
- A-164 Students
- A-124 Students
- B107 Students
- B-68 Students
- A-68 Students
Note: School map boundaries my have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.57 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.70 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.77 responses
Hialeah Gardens Senior High School Reviews
Review Hialeah Gardens Senior High School
Hialeah Gardens Senior High School is an excellent high school for preparing one's self for the challenges of colleges and universities. The teachers really put their best efforts to make every child succeed in school as well for their future. I also love the programs they have for students to have them standout from the rest of their peers worldwide. AICE, AP, and Honors classes are increasing each year giving the youth many priorities. The only change that I would like to see in the school is replacing a low percentage of the teachers that are not well qualified for teaching, instructing, and giving knowledge to the young generation with high quality professors that are willing to commit to doing just that. Hialeah Gardens Senior High School is one of the best schools in the nation or probably the best in the nation for a student to seek quality education and benefits.
I am not liking my experience with Hialeah Gardens High School. Some teachers are phenomenal while others don't teach anything at all. The school is not very diverse, mostly Hispanic. The school overdoes it with college readiness. We are all stressed out. I have personally lost a lot of sleep due to these classes, and I feel like I can't take it anymore. The school has mostly AICE for colkege readiness, and almost no AP or DE. HGHS has every single club, activity, and sport imaginable. There's always security guards and cameras. If you want to change your schedule, the administration may force you to keep the classes that are the most stressful. If not, they would take forever to process your request and act like they're mad to be helping you. The school lunch sucks because portions are only the size of a handful. I am often left feeling hungry because the lunch feels like a snack. The resources are abundant and the facilities are always clean.
All the employees and staff work very hard to follow and keep the health and safety policies at this school. They're motivation comes from the students and their overall care and concern for them. On occasion, we have police officers present at the school during entry and dismissal hours for safety measures. This has helped students feel more safe. We have counselors who are open to helping students deal with bullying or personal safety. Teachers and security guards are very approachable and available to help students with anything because they develop friendly and trustworthy relations with them and other staff members.