H.H. Dow High School is a top rated, public school located in Midland, MI. It has 1,242 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
H.H. Dow High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A220 Students
- A+167 Students
- B126 Students
- B+93 Students
- B90 Students
- B-70 Students
- A61 Students
- B+57 Students
- B44 Students
- B40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like H.H. Dow High School
- BFreeland Middle/High School
- Freeland Community School District, MI
- 84 reviews
- NGIsd-Local Programs
- Bay-Arenac Intermediate School District, MI
- PK, K-12
- BBay City Western High School
- Bay City School District, MI
- 198 reviews
- NGMCESA School Classroom Programs
- Midland County Educational Service Agency, MI
- PK, K-12
H.H. Dow High School Reviews
I attended Dow High for my entire high school career. The school has a tremendous academic program in all courses that are taught by some of the best faculty. All of the teachers are so genuine. They not only care about a students grades, but also their physical and mental health. Dow has prepared very well for my college courses. I find myself already knowing a majority of the criteria that is being taught in my college courses due to the more difficult high school courses I passed. Overall, the school has a very welcoming environment and there is a club or sports team for almost anyone!
Great school to attend with some of the best teachers. All of the teachers care about your grade and will give you extra help if needed. There is also great tutoring opportunities. Also, there are always so many activities around the school. The school spirit is amazing, especially during football season! I would not have wanted to spend four years anywhere else.
My experience at Dow High has been excellent. The teachers at Dow are extremely caring and kind and want every single student to succeed. I have built strong relationships with several teachers who have shaped me into the person I am today. Dow also has very good sports. The coaches are amazing, and want every student athlete to be the best they can be. In addition to this, they also prepare each student for college very well, and in my English classes especially I have been taught so many techniques and skills that will help me be super successful in college. Overall, Dow has allowed me to have an eventful 4 high school years.