H.H. Dow High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+158 Students
- A+115 Students
- B+85 Students
- B+60 Students
- B59 Students
- B-56 Students
- A42 Students
- B+37 Students
- B31 Students
- A-29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like H.H. Dow High School
- BFreeland Middle/High School
- Freeland Community School District, MI
- 80 reviews
- NGIsd-Local Programs
- Bay-Arenac Intermediate School District, MI
- PK, K-12
- B-Bay City Western High School
- Bay City School District, MI
- 183 reviews
- NGMCESA School Classroom Programs
- Midland County Educational Service Agency, MI
- PK, K-12
H.H. Dow High School Reviews
Dow High has many opportunities for almost all students. I've enjoyed this past year getting involved with clubs and activities at the school. The teachers are wonderful, and many have won awards in our region. Additionally, our principal won an award for Principal of the Year in Saginaw Valley! School spirit is a huge part of Dow High, and definitely one of the greatest parts of the school!
Through my almost four years of schooling at Dow High, I feel it has helped me grow tremendously. Until going there, I had never had a choice in my classes. I was never given the option of "this or that". Once at Dow, I realized I had so much more freedom in what I actually wanted to. I was taking classes that catered to what I wanted to go into. I took business classes for my first three years at Dow and it was by far one of the best decisions I've made since coming here. The classes helped me grow more comfortable with public speaking, become much quicker on my feet, and taught me how to function excellently in a group setting. These classes (Marketing, Merchandising, and Sales) are not options at many other high schools in this area and I'm grateful that I was able to have the experience.Overall, I really have loved my years at Dow. There were a few teachers I struggled with, but that's inevitable. I feel grateful for the fantastic memories and education that Dow has given me .
Dow High School does a good job educating their students but they also somewhat abuse their powers. They limit your absenses so if you miss more than ten times unexcused you fail a class. They also keep your phone overnight until your parent comes and picks it up if you break their policy. These to me are somewhat controlling. With better communication between students and administration and about 10 years, working together they could create a better environment for kids.