Hesston High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hesston, KS. It has 260 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Hesston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-55 Students
- A-53 Students
- A-51 Students
- B35 Students
- B+32 Students
- B29 Students
- B21 Students
- B13 Students
- B+13 Students
- C+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Hesston High School
- B+Halstead High School
- Halstead Unified School District, KS
- 37 reviews
- BMoundridge High School
- Moundridge Unified School District, KS
- 52 reviews
- B-Canton-Galva Jr/Sr High School
- Canton-Galva Unified School District, KS
- 23 reviews
- BGoessel High School
- Goessel Unified School District, KS
- 6 reviews
Hesston High School Reviews
It’s an average school. It’s very easy to graduate from. If you would consider your child/yourself intelligent or have lofty goals, don’t send them here. Unless you’re working some kind of magic, you won’t be getting into any crazy good school. Most people end up going to either community college or a state college. However, if your student is an athlete, this could be the school for them. There is a big focus on athletics and all of the teams are usually very good. Diversity is horrible. Almost everyone in the town is Caucasian, and some form of Christian. Teachers are okay at best. There are a couple of good ones in the mix, but most of them aren’t that great. Some of them have unorthodox teaching styles that simply aren’t effective at teaching students what they need to learn. The others don’t care a whole lot about what they’re teaching. However, there are some that are very good about their job and care about their students and the material they’re teaching.
Hesston is a great community and has a great school. Almost everyone in the high school participates in some sort of extracurricular activity and does well. I would like to see the facilities get a upgraded because the wrestling room is small and the doors do not fit a wrestling mat through them. However Hesston has just gotten a new baseball field along with a team to go with it which is pretty exciting. The academics at Hesston are fantastic and I feel prepared to go to college. The teachers take the time to help and they have fun teaching. You can tell that they love to be there and they know that they are making a difference.
I love Hesston because of their amazing staff. The teachers care greatly about their students and work hard to make sure we all succeed. Going to a smaller school has created a lot of opportunity for me and my fellow students to get involved in athletics, clubs, and other student ran organizations.