Hesston High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hesston, KS. It has 260 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Hesston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-50 Students
- A48 Students
- A44 Students
- B29 Students
- B29 Students
- B+26 Students
- B19 Students
- B12 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Hesston High School
- A-Halstead High School
- Halstead Unified School District, KS
- 37 reviews
- BMoundridge High School
- Moundridge Unified School District, KS
- 48 reviews
- B-Canton-Galva Jr/Sr High School
- Canton-Galva Unified School District, KS
- 21 reviews
- BGoessel High School
- Goessel Unified School District, KS
- 6 reviews
Hesston High School Reviews
The teacher at my school are very kind and caring people. They are quite involve in after school activities and are here early in the morning before school starts to answer own questions. They are all great but have they own flaws here and there. I believe most of the teacher have a easy to understand teaching style for all levels of students and are pretty knowledgeable in the subject they are teaching. I like the different variety of style and teaching methods the teachers provide but some of the newer teachers still need more time to find what works for them and the students. The grading time for the teachers, vary for teacher to teacher. Some are on top of it and have test and homework graded by the next day but other take forever to grade anything. Overall I think that our teacher at HHS are wonderful people who really care about us and want us to succeed!
The teachers are lovely and most try their best to make sure the content is understood. It’s a smaller school (about 260 students as of 2017), so most everybody knows everybody. I myself have never witnessed excessive bullying, but there will always be a few bad eggs. Bullies are taken care of by the staff once the problem is brought to their attention. The curriculum is easier than most schools; about 25 to 33 percent of students have a 4.0 GPA. Lots of effort is given to help student prepare for their next step in life with frequent visits from representatives of several colleges in the area.
In my high school we have perseverance in athletics and in academics. If we know our grades are dropping because of some misunderstanding we know we can go to our teachers who would love to expand our brains to our full potential of learning the knowledge correctly. Our teachers are caring, understanding and great at what they do to prepare us for college. Our whole student body encourages one another and takes part in a minimum of at least 3 extra curricular activities like Youth As Resources, Sports, Friends of Rachel, Future Business Leaders of America and Robotics, etc. We love our school and our town. We stick together like one big family. We may have our off days but we always start back on our rightful path fay after day. I love my school and my town and I wouldnt change anything about it. Homework could be less if anything.