Heschel High School is a top rated, private, Jewish school located in New York, NY. It has 839 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 5 to 1. Tuition is $43,900 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+23 Students
- A-20 Students
- A+19 Students
- A+18 Students
- A+16 Students
- A+15 Students
- A15 Students
- A+15 Students
- A14 Students
- A+14 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Heschel High School Reviews
I love this school. I have been going here for many years and I love it! I can express my religious Jewish beliefs. There are many different minyans you can join based on your beliefs. All of the teachers are extremely supportive and help you when you need it. For anyone struggling with the choice of attending this school or not, you should go here! You will not regret it.
Surprising for a school that promotes ethics, morals, values and with such large endowment, Heschel doesn't take responsibility for the sapling trees surrounding its school. It shows a glaring neglect and disrespect for all thing living. Trees that don't thrive is a statement about the school and it's lack of caring for it's neighborhood we live in. After years of neglect, these trees don't often make it past a decade. It's sad they don't take better care, enjoy and respect the gift the NYC taxpayers gave them. Heschel could easily build tree-guards and let the kids plant beautiful annuals around them like many other schools do. :-(
The teachers are hit or miss, some are good and some simply been there for long time but do not know how to teach. The biggest issue is that the mngm is awful. Not open to listen or to change. Hypocrites who do not live to what the standards that they dictating. Kids are not being challaged and are constantly forced into a box. The community and parents are amazing, however as a school I would not recommend.