Hershey High School is an elite, public school located in Hershey, PA. It has 1,142 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Hershey High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+173 Students
- A108 Students
- A+85 Students
- A-75 Students
- A-55 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+35 Students
- B34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Hershey High School
- A-Camp Hill Senior High School
- Camp Hill School District, PA
- 40 reviews
- A-Lower Dauphin High School
- Lower Dauphin School District, PA
- 256 reviews
- A-Northeastern Senior High School
- Northeastern York School District, PA
- 213 reviews
- B+Elizabethtown Area Senior High School
- Elizabethtown Area School District, PA
- 129 reviews
Hershey High School Reviews
Hershey is an amazing school. The teachers are always willing to help students learn and go out of their way to make them understand. Also, quite a few of the teachers are quite amusing. They make class fun and stress-free! Of course, there are the few teachers who do not seem like they have any interest in teaching, but students usually end up okay because of the multiple study materials available. Hershey is definetely a place to go for good education and a memorable high school career.
High school is said to be the place where you'll have the best four years of your life. For me that holds true, at Hershey High School, I had the best experience. Sure every student and teenager has their ups and downs, but spending them at HHS helped me a lot. The teachers there are friendly and are always ready to help. The teachers, in fact, have created a HIP program to help students who are struggling, whether it is academically, mentally, or physically. The administration also works very hard to keep Hershey High School a welcoming environment. The students there are also very welcoming and are willing to help no matter what. I can say this from personal experience because I moved to Hershey and joined the school at the age of seven and absolutely loved the environment there.
Hershey High School is a great place to be if you are confident and work well under stress. It doesn’t provide much assistance to high functioning students with disabilities. You either have to be “normal” or “disabled” to recieve much of anything. Overall, my experience was average. Better than most high schools, at least academically.