Herscher High School
- HERSCHER, IL
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Herscher High School is an above average, public school located in HERSCHER, IL. It has 494 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Herscher High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+81 Students
- grade C+64 Students
- grade B55 Students
- grade A+52 Students
- grade B+40 Students
- grade B28 Students
- grade B27 Students
- grade B26 Students
- grade A+25 Students
- grade B25 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Herscher High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responses
- Homecomming week40%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,519 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 17 responses
Schools like Herscher High School
- grade BReed-Custer High School
- Reed-Custer Community Unit School District 255U, IL
- Rating 3.46 out of 5 80 reviews
- grade B minusWilmington High School
- Wilmington Community Unit School District No. 209-U, IL
- Rating 3.31 out of 5 62 reviews
- grade BCentral High School
- Central Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- Rating 3.51 out of 5 43 reviews
- grade B+Dwight High School
- Public School
- DWIGHT, IL
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 27 reviews
Herscher High School Reviews
Rating 3.63 out of 5 102 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Herscher High School was great! I loved the environment, teachers, administrators, the sports and all the energy in the fan section. It sucks because my senior year got cut short due to Covid-19, I miss the sports and my teachers. Now that we are e-learning they can continue it, but make it better by having people check in at and provide laptops to those who need to do homework. Also never take anything for granted.
I thoroughly enjoyed my years at Herscher High School! I felt very safe going to school there, and it’s in a safe community, as well. I would describe the relationships with other students as really good as mostly everyone there is kind and considerate of others’ feelings.
I was a '90s student and although I'd have done anything to get out of school back then you really won't get a more caring staff and it really is small enough that everyday knows everybody. I never felt peer pressured, bummed, or left it for any reason and my family worked with the school a lot. I was able to return to visit years later and a lot of the staff was the same. Schools with high turn over have unhappy staff. I participated in band, choir, basketball, track, and then cross country. I appreciate everything my teachers tried to help me with, I have two bachelor's degrees and am looking into a masters. They were able to instill a love of leaning in a difficult teen. Thank you.