Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Herscher High School is an above average, public school located in Herscher, IL. It has 516 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Herscher High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+79 Students
- C+65 Students
- A+53 Students
- B49 Students
- A-37 Students
- B29 Students
- B26 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-24 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Herscher High School
- BReed-Custer High School
- Reed-Custer Community Unit School District 255U, IL
- 80 reviews
- BWilmington High School
- Wilmington Community Unit School District No. 209-U, IL
- 57 reviews
- BCentral High School
- Central Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 40 reviews
- B+Dwight High School
- Public School
- Dwight, IL
- 27 reviews
Herscher High School Reviews
My experience at Herscher High School was great! I loved the environment, teachers, administrators, the sports and all the energy in the fan section. It sucks because my senior year got cut short due to Covid-19, I miss the sports and my teachers. Now that we are e-learning they can continue it, but make it better by having people check in at and provide laptops to those who need to do homework. Also never take anything for granted.
My experience at Herscher High School was pretty good. In high school I participated in clubs and sports. I would say if you do sports there is a wide variety. There is not as much as there are in some schools but there is a lot. The high school offers a good amount of academic classes. One thing I would change is Air conditioning. A lot of the school is not air conditioned. In the summer most of the rooms are very hot. If someone is interested in clubs, I would say there is a good amount. There is a good variety to choose from, that everybody could probably find something to do.
Herscher High School is a wonderful school with excellent safety precautions. Doors are locked at the start of every changing bell and the police department often visits to stay engaged with students learning and activities. Teachers and staff care about the students inside and outside of class. They are very well educated and all set very high standards. One thing I would change about the school is modernizing it to keep students engaged. Brighter colors and different furniture would help a lot with this area!