Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Hermantown Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Hermantown, MN. It has 654 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Hermantown Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+117 Students
- A115 Students
- B+65 Students
- B55 Students
- A+39 Students
- B+32 Students
- A32 Students
- B+29 Students
- B20 Students
- A19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Hermantown Senior High School
- A-East High School
- Duluth Public School District, MN
- 197 reviews
- BLincoln Secondary School
- Esko Public School District, MN
- 54 reviews
- BSuperior High School
- Superior School District, WI
- 132 reviews
- B+Cloquet Senior High School
- Cloquet Public School District, MN
- 104 reviews
Hermantown Senior High School Reviews
As a current senior at Hermantown High School, I can safely say that thus far I have had a well-rounded, enjoyable experience. Not only have I been able to grow my education, but I have gained confidence, friendships, etc. Since my freshman year, my teachers have made it clear that they want me and my fellow classmates to succeed. The work can be challenging at times, but teachers are always open to questions or after class visits. In addition, there's ample opportunity for students to find a club, organization, or sport they are interested in. In regards to a change I'd like to see at Hermantown, I have witnessed the fight against trying to prevent and stop students from vaping. While these problems take time to solve, I would like to see them improve. Efforts to stop students from vaping have been made, but personally I haven't noticed a substantial difference. Overall the atmosphere at Hermantown Senior High School is positive and I feel that many students share that perspective.
Hermantown is a great school with great teachers and a great hockey team. Overall good experience, and was able to get into college without any issues. They have lots of resources that assist with college readiness, and I just got accepted into a masters program in nursing.
When I attended Hermantown Senior High, my experience was a very positive one. The overall atmosphere was a relatively positive one, and the teachers and staff were all helpful. The classes were interesting, and it was made easier because of the many different options of classes we had. If I were to change anything about Hermantown Senior High, it would have to be to somehow create stricter bullying policies. I, personally didn't experience much bullying during my time in high school, but I do know that many did. Hermantown does have safe places to go and the counselors are incredibly helpful. I also know that there is no way to completely eradicate bullying, but maybe if students who are victims of harassment felt there were safe places to go or knew about them, it could help.