Hermantown Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Hermantown, MN. It has 652 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Hermantown Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+84 Students
- A+80 Students
- B45 Students
- B+39 Students
- A+26 Students
- A23 Students
- B+19 Students
- A-17 Students
- B13 Students
- B13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Hermantown Senior High School
- A-East High School
- Duluth Public School District, MN
- 184 reviews
- B+Lincoln Secondary School
- Esko Public School District, MN
- 53 reviews
- BSuperior High School
- Superior School District, WI
- 124 reviews
- A-Cloquet Senior High School
- Cloquet Public School District, MN
- 84 reviews
Hermantown Senior High School Reviews
When I attended Hermantown Senior High, my experience was a very positive one. The overall atmosphere was a relatively positive one, and the teachers and staff were all helpful. The classes were interesting, and it was made easier because of the many different options of classes we had. If I were to change anything about Hermantown Senior High, it would have to be to somehow create stricter bullying policies. I, personally didn't experience much bullying during my time in high school, but I do know that many did. Hermantown does have safe places to go and the counselors are incredibly helpful. I also know that there is no way to completely eradicate bullying, but maybe if students who are victims of harassment felt there were safe places to go or knew about them, it could help.
Hermantown Senior High School, offers plenty of extracurricular activities. Some of them include Drama, or Improv club, Spanish and German club. Hermantown also offers trap shooting, yearbook, and student council. Some clubs requires you to stay after every day after school, and some are one day every other week. Some of the more popular clubs is the Drama club and Student Council. Our administration, does a tremendous job of supporting extracurricular activities, and I hope they continue doing so!
A very good education with a very good staff. Starting groups and clubs is extremely easy. Very accepting atmosphere and a semi diverse community. A big sense of school pride is involved, we love our hawks!