Heritage High School is an above average, public school located in Saginaw, MI. It has 1,549 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Heritage High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B172 Students
- A+160 Students
- B+132 Students
- B-130 Students
- A+97 Students
- B+90 Students
- B+65 Students
- B64 Students
- B+59 Students
- B-53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 55 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Heritage High School
- BSwan Valley High School
- Swan Valley School District, MI
- 99 reviews
- BBay City Central High School
- Bay City School District, MI
- 185 reviews
- B-John Glenn High School
- Bangor Township Schools, MI
- 126 reviews
- BFreeland Middle/High School
- Freeland Community School District, MI
- 79 reviews
Heritage High School Reviews
The school spirit is one of the best characteristics that Heritage has to offer. The last four years have been the most exciting and fun filled years of my life, and I am so glad I made the decision to go here. They have a wide range of courses to choose from, where they allow you to personalize your learning experience. You can challenge yourself while using creativity in your curriculum. The majority of the staff is caring, considerate, and want to make school go as smoothly as possible. There's so much opportunity to find friendships, sports, and clubs that fit your personality. I'll be sad to say goodbye, but ready for college as the IB courses have prepared me. Go hawks!
Heritage has so many clubs to offer! Latin Club, French Club, Heritage Youth in Action- a community service based club, Be the Change- a club promoting awareness on multiple different issues, Comedy Club, Astronomy Club, Outdoors Club, Art Club, Latino Awareness Organization, Robotics Club- the Hawkbots, Multi-Culture Club, Chess Club, Ping Pong Club, Forensics, Heritage Christian Outreach, Gay-Straight Alliance, Debate Team, DECA, Michigan Youth in Government and National Honors Society. No matter what your preference is, there is at least one club that you could find yourself at home in with highly involved administrators and a wide variety of other students. Joining clubs is easy, all you have to do is walk in, however, balancing multiple clubs is difficult because we have so many that their meeting times often overlap. The clubs and extracurriculars at Heritage offer opportunities to socialize and get involved and are the best part of the high school experience.
I had a very positive experience at Heritage High School. I was actively involved in sports, leadership, and participated in school activities. Heritage provides an open, friendly atmosphere and always has some sort of charity, event, or fundraiser going on. They focus on student involvement and participation. The staff and teachers are all friendly and promote good environments to learn in. Heritage is an International Baccalaureate school and is highly focused on giving their students the best possible education. One thing I would change about Heritage is for them to have more college readiness classes, or more electives in general. Heritage does prepare you for college, but I think more classes relating to real life encounters would be very beneficial to the students, as they are about to enter the "real world". Overall, I had a great experience at Heritage High School and if I end up living in Saginaw in my adult years, I would send my children to this school without a doubt.