Heritage High School is an above average, public school located in Saginaw, MI. It has 1,543 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 2% of students are at least proficient in math and 2% in reading.
Heritage High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A294 Students
- B280 Students
- B235 Students
- B-193 Students
- A+167 Students
- B+155 Students
- B+145 Students
- B121 Students
- B+103 Students
- B-88 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 85 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Heritage High School
- B+Swan Valley High School
- Swan Valley School District, MI
- 107 reviews
- BBay City Central High School
- Bay City School District, MI
- 204 reviews
- B-John Glenn High School
- Bangor Township Schools, MI
- 146 reviews
- BFreeland Middle/High School
- Freeland Community School District, MI
- 95 reviews
Heritage High School Reviews
Looking back at all my years at Heritage, I could say those were amazing times for me. To start off the academics is truly amazing, there are multiple Advanced Placement classes and IB classes. The teachers there are very helpful and flexible with their schedules. Throughout my four years at heritage, all my teachers were willing to help ,e grow as a student. Another great thing about this school is that it is actually fun to go to! Heritage had multiple fun assemblies and many class competitions so we could have friendly competitions with other grades! Heritage also has a great athletic department with many coaches and advisors that care for the athletes there. The best thing about heritage is how diverse it is. There are so many different clubs that allow everyone to fit in and feel welcomed!
My experience at Heritage was generally pretty good. Overall the staff and students are all incredibly nice and helpful, but the building itself, yikes! It feels a lot like a prison. All the bricks everywhere, the unclean and discolored carpets, and the horrible air conditioning system all make Heritage feel dark and gloomy. I very much dislike that about it. However, Heritage has a lovely theater and basketball program. The opportunities there are endless, but its overshadowed by the bland and uncomfortable surroundings.
I am a recent transfer student into Heritage and so far I love it. Before I came here I went to two other high schools and my mental health struggled terribly in both places. The students are friendly and most of the staff are nice, engaging, and good at their jobs. There is a nice variety of classes and for me the amount of people was perfect (my first high school had 5,500+ kids and my second high school had less than 200 kids; Heritage has ~1200 kids). There are also many programs like Dual Enrollment, Saginaw Career Complex, and the Work Study (Co-op) program that kids can do to help with college apps and/or gaining work experience. The student life is also full of a lot of opportunities to prevent kids from getting bored. The only physical things I would change are the bathrooms and the cafeteria food.