Heritage High School is a public school located in Conyers, GA. It has 1,825 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Heritage High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B448 Students
- A+326 Students
- B+303 Students
- B231 Students
- C+200 Students
- B-155 Students
- A+147 Students
- B+142 Students
- C+131 Students
- B126 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Heritage High School Reviews
As I entered high school during my freshman year I expected hard classes, the loneliness of having no friends to sit with at lunch, and lots of homework. Heritage High School was only some of these things. The students there were friendly enough but it was more of a "get in where you fit in" situation. As far as classes go, there were the occasional hard classes but if you did your work everything would go well. The reason I gave Heritage High only 3 stars is because this school is not without it's fair share of problems. One of my main complaints about this school would be the teachers. There are only a handful of teachers in the building that genuinely want to see you succeed and strive for greatness, while the rest only show up to the school because it is their job. Another complaint I had from this school would be the quality of the food that was served. Undercooked meat and rotten fruit were served daily along other things that tasted unpleasant.
Heritage High School is an interactive learning environment for students. By partnering with the county's Career Academy and Fine Arts program, students are guided to follow their interests and develop it into a career. The staff pushes students to perform highly in the classroom by developing Learning Targets for each unit, to ensure students are staying on track and understanding the purpose of various topics in class.
Overall the school is a decent place, with a fairly stable environment. Not many fights or disruptions occur, and the students have a good deal of freedom. From academic stand point the school is not the best but opportunities and assistance are still afforded to the students. From a extra circular standpoint the school is above average. Numerous sports teams such as basketball, football, swimming, and track go to play offs/ state each year. The fine arts department is good and has produced many talented individuals.