Herculaneum High School is a public school located in Herculaneum, MO. It has 435 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Herculaneum High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+69 Students
- B-57 Students
- A53 Students
- B48 Students
- A-43 Students
- B36 Students
- B+31 Students
- B-27 Students
- B24 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Herculaneum High School
- C+Grandview High School
- Grandview R-II School District, MO
- 49 reviews
- B-De Soto Senior High School
- DeSoto School District, MO
- 64 reviews
- BNorthwest High School
- Northwest R-I School District, MO
- 199 reviews
- B+Jefferson High School
- Jefferson County R-VII School District, MO
- 69 reviews
Herculaneum High School Reviews
My time at Herculaneum High School was some of the best times, and also just okay times. Overall, I got myself involved to have a great time in high school! Clubs and sports are a big deal to the majority of the students and staff. The teachers and staff are very caring and go out of their way to help you. Our school offers a program to get early college credits that is free, which has been awesome for me! Although, our school does seem to be tight with where they spend money. Some classrooms have chairs falling apart and the lunch food isn't all that great. It's small things like these that make the overall rating of the school go down.
My experience as a student at Herculaneum High School was very good. High school is what you make of it and I think I did very well. I was a high achieving student-athlete and a member of numerous clubs. The clubs I was involved with were: National Honor Society, varsity band, varsity cheerleading, varsity letterman's club, black cat buddy mentorship program, and the A+ scholarship program. I was studious and took advantage of the dual credit opportunities. The teachers and staff overall are kind and caring people who will help when needed. Some of the teachers would answer emails within minutes which shows that they are dedicated to the overall education of their students. The opportunities were limited due to local funding issues but the school and district. The teachers deserved more funding opportunities as well as higher pay for all of their hard work and sacrifice.
I love the staff at Herculaneum, very friendly and always ready to help you when you need it! I think that their sports teams are very close, and they create very good friendships between students and athletes. Love the school spirit that everyone has when it comes to football games or pep assemblies. I think that being in a smaller school like Herculaneum makes it easier to ask for help from teachers and have one on one tutoring if needed.