Herculaneum High School is a public school located in Herculaneum, MO. It has 429 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Herculaneum High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-51 Students
- B40 Students
- B+33 Students
- A33 Students
- A31 Students
- B30 Students
- B+21 Students
- B-20 Students
- A+19 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Herculaneum High School
- C+Grandview High School
- Grandview R-II School District, MO
- 48 reviews
- B-De Soto Senior High School
- DeSoto School District, MO
- 57 reviews
- BNorthwest High School
- Northwest R-I School District, MO
- 189 reviews
- B+Jefferson High School
- Jefferson County R-VII School District, MO
- 66 reviews
Herculaneum High School Reviews
I love the staff at Herculaneum, very friendly and always ready to help you when you need it! I think that their sports teams are very close, and they create very good friendships between students and athletes. Love the school spirit that everyone has when it comes to football games or pep assemblies. I think that being in a smaller school like Herculaneum makes it easier to ask for help from teachers and have one on one tutoring if needed.
My experience as a student in Herculaneum High School has been full of encouragement and unity. From a transfer student across cities, I've been put into private, public, catholic, and baptist schools. However, only some of the schools were my favorites. In Herculaneum High School, the students are pretty friendly and openly becomes friends with another. It has showed me that high schools can be the same as elementary and middle schools. (They do not have to be young adults acting mature and of higher standards). I love this school, than most that I have been to. Everyone fits in, and the teachers are willing to help a student understand patiently. If I could make a change in this school, I would like to see soccer as part of the available sports for the school.
I transferred to Herculaneum High School in my junior year. It was a wonderful experience to move from Saint Louis down to Jefferson County. I immersed myself in the band program and was given opportunities such as marching band, jazz band, and concert band. I received several awards for my musicianship and it is because of my fabulous director. He made music very fun and interesting. Even when I did not look forward to going to high school, I looked forward to marching/concert band in the morning and jazz band in the afternoon after lunch.