Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Henry Sibley High School is a highly rated, public school located in West Saint Paul, MN. It has 1,468 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Henry Sibley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A315 Students
- A142 Students
- A+131 Students
- B108 Students
- B+99 Students
- A83 Students
- B82 Students
- B81 Students
- B80 Students
- B-76 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Henry Sibley High School
- AApple Valley Senior High School
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Independent School District No. 196, MN
- 228 reviews
- AHopkins Senior High School
- Hopkins Public Schools, MN
- 383 reviews
- A-Roseville Area Senior High School
- Roseville Public School District, MN
- 517 reviews
- AIrondale Senior High School
- Mounds View Public School District, MN
- 344 reviews
Henry Sibley High School Reviews
At its core, Henry Sibley is an amazing school. The teachers here are some of the best, they are always will to help and they push us to be the best. The student body here is very accepting and there aren't many people you will have problems with unless you decide you want to. The music department here is absolutely amazing. The band program, in particular, is top-notch. My experience in the wind ensemble has been outstanding. The level of performance and teaching rivals many average collegiate ensembles. And there is an equitable lesson program here that offers scholarships to any student that needs it. Overall this school is amazing if you're looking to achieve at a high level but the general courses aren't super amazing. But if you are looking for a friendly community, an exceptional music department, and some amazing teachers, then Sibley is it!
Henry Sibley High School is a great school. The teachers and staff are amazing. There is a lot of diversity and it is a safe place to be for all students. There is a wide variety of sports offered for all students, as well as areas for all of these sports to practice. Our school is free of all types of discrimination, including, race, gender, disability, religious, and nationality discrimination. The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is due to the name of the school. Henry Sibley was the first governor of Minnesota and was not a good person. He manipulated the Dakota people into giving up their land and oversaw a death sentence to over 300 Dakota Men. The students and alumni of Henry Sibley high school are pushing hard with petitions and letters for the school board requesting for the school to be renamed. We do not support the actions of Henry Sibley. The school board is currently reviewing the situation and discussing the possibility of renaming the school.
I loved the academics at Henry Sibley. The coursework and the resources that were offered were great, especially for minority students and families of low-income. The building is big and spacious and most of the teachers there were helpful and outgoing. The staff at Sibley made sure to push their students to their full potential. One thing that can be improved is how to manage students with mental health problems and offer more mental health resources. I saw a lot of students with deteriorating mental health issues and it seemed like no one was there to help or they didn't have someone they can reach out to. The staff can also do better at making sure minority students feel included in school events. Many times there were situations where minority groups were left out of organizing school events or themes. They need to make sure they implement and enforce diverse opinions and ideas.