Henry Sibley High School is a highly rated, public school located in West Saint Paul, MN. It has 1,400 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Henry Sibley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+271 Students
- A-120 Students
- A+115 Students
- B91 Students
- B+77 Students
- C+74 Students
- B73 Students
- B69 Students
- A68 Students
- B67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Henry Sibley High School
- AApple Valley Senior High School
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Independent School District No. 196, MN
- 202 reviews
- AHopkins Senior High School
- Hopkins Public Schools, MN
- 368 reviews
- ARoseville Area Senior High School
- Roseville Public School District, MN
- 493 reviews
- AIrondale Senior High School
- Mounds View Public School District, MN
- 317 reviews
Henry Sibley High School Reviews
At its core, Henry Sibley is an amazing school. The teachers here are some of the best, they are always will to help and they push us to be the best. The student body here is very accepting and there aren't many people you will have problems with unless you decide you want to. The music department here is absolutely amazing. The band program, in particular, is top-notch. My experience in the wind ensemble has been outstanding. The level of performance and teaching rivals many average collegiate ensembles. And there is an equitable lesson program here that offers scholarships to any student that needs it. Overall this school is amazing if you're looking to achieve at a high level but the general courses aren't super amazing. But if you are looking for a friendly community, an exceptional music department, and some amazing teachers, then Sibley is it!
I love attending Henry Sibley High School. The staff is almost always ready to help you in any ways possible. The academics are stellar and I feel that I have received an incredible education at this high school after taking many of the numerous advanced and AP courses the school offers. The student body is one big community and is very tight knit. One thing I would like to see change is the overall commitment of the student body to the betterment of the community as a whole, whether that be through better funding of clubs and activities to get kids more involved, or overall better advertisement of the immense number of opportunities the school holds to get kids more involved in things. The same group of kids are involved in many activities while many others are involved in few to none. Overall, my experience at Henry Sibley was amazing and I am deeply saddened to be graduating after a short 4 years.
I have had an okay experience at this school. The teachers are very wonderful though. The teachers provide a great work environment as well as lots of support. For me, the majority of the teachers I have had go above and beyond to ensure that their students succeed and get the best of education one could receive. The teachers are very inclusive, positive, and friendly. It is very easy to become best friends with your teachers. I do appreciate the diversity at my school. There is a rich culture mixed with many varieties of people which makes a great student body. On the other hand, I wish a lot of the students would be more accepting to new people and open to new ideas.