Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Henry M. Jackson High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mill Creek, WA. It has 2,278 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Henry M. Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A724 Students
- B+392 Students
- A-384 Students
- B239 Students
- B+193 Students
- B-185 Students
- B+166 Students
- A+141 Students
- A-113 Students
- B-108 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.63 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.63 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.79 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.85 responses
Henry M. Jackson High School Reviews
It's a great school. On top of that, the academics are a bit beyond average. They have plenty of AP classes. Most teachers are helpful; a few teachers are mean, but what are we going to do. The counselors are extremely helpful. The resources staff are amazing (librarian, counselors, ASB activities coordinator, etc.). If you need any "beyond the high school" help (college, careers, etc.), these guys are great!
Henry M Jackson is a very diverse, inclusive environment that supports the growth and education of all. There are numerous clubs, academic interests, and athletic activities that contribute to the atmosphere. I am personally involved in the Drumline, Theatre Society, and HOSA club. There are opportunities for individuals to showcase their art and academic work throughout the year through competitions, and showcases, as well as opportunities for these students to reach out to other institutions and regions to showcase their work and talents. The teachers, administrators, and counselors go above and beyond to meet the needs of each student at Jackson. Many teachers also facilitate during and after school times where students can come and be supported with school work, taking breaks when needed, and just be all around supported. Overall, Henry M Jackson High School is ranked one of the best schools in Washington state, and for good reason.
Henry M. Jackson High School is highly diverse and includes a community of welcoming and supportive students and staff. Jackson High School includes a variety of clubs, athletics, and programs that include students of all demographics and connect them to their interests. I feel extremely connected to both the students and teachers that I have met and I have enjoyed my time participating in multiple clubs and sports. Although my school features such a large variety of clubs, I wish that all clubs were increasingly advertised to students and information about clubs were more available so that more students could participate and find activities that match their interests.