Henry M. Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+354 Students
- B+242 Students
- A-192 Students
- B116 Students
- B+101 Students
- A-82 Students
- B79 Students
- A-79 Students
- A+71 Students
- A-55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.45 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.45 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 115 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
Henry M. Jackson High School Reviews
Review Henry M. Jackson High School
I have not felt that I have been active enough in extracurricular activities, and that is one of my biggest regrets from high school. There are so many clubs and organizations available to students; however, my main criticism is that there is not enough information being given to the student body about the different clubs and what they are or when they meet. Announcing these over the PA system is very ineffective, since a lot of the classes don't pay attention to the announcements. Overall, there are great clubs and organizations (including Latino club, French/German club, art club, National Honors Society, DECA, spoken word, orchestra club, ASL, etc.), I just wish they were publicized more so more students could know about them and join them!
The academics at Henry M. Jackson High School are amazing. The number of AP courses available to each student is incredible (it was the first school in the Everett School District to include the AP Capstone program in the curriculum). I believe the weakest part of the school is the administration and facilities. The facilities are often not clean; however, the students are much to blame for it, not the custodians. The administration has a few star members who really help the school, but there are some who would rather maintain a good academic status than be strict on the requirements for graduation. I have heard stories in which people who are not passing a class required for graduation just need to talk with the administration and it will be fixed; therefore, students do not always feel the need to try. I personally worked hard and earned my right to walk at graduation, so this did not apply to me.
During my time at Henry M Jackson High School, I was disappointed by a few things. First of all, there was lots of people doing drugs inside the school. Also, the counselor was not very helpful, and took a lot of my time needlessly. Another thing is that the bathrooms smelled bad. Other than that the teachers were helpful and answered any questions I had. One teacher, Mrs. Thorleifson, was very helpful and helped me after school for extended periods of time.