Henry M. Jackson High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mill Creek, WA. It has 2,196 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Henry M. Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+574 Students
- B+330 Students
- A313 Students
- B+186 Students
- A-164 Students
- B-142 Students
- B+137 Students
- A+117 Students
- A-104 Students
- B-88 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.57 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.57 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 162 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.73 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.79 responses
Henry M. Jackson High School Reviews
Generally speaking, Jackson is a pretty okay place. I feel safe there and I’m challenged by my teachers. I’ve never had a teacher I would describe as “bad” but I’m aware of friends who have had some pretty awful experiences. Counselors do their best, but it’s hard for requests to be filled with such a huge student body. Sometimes students are (unintentionally or not) flatout ignored. The principal, however, is amazing and does his best to get to know every student. He even went out of his way to help our club out, and I’m forever grateful for him for that. Overall, not bad, but they don’t focus much on actually helping kids be ready for college, more just getting them out the door.
Henry M. Jackson has some of the nicest teachers and students that I have. I am able to feel comfortable and at ease when I am at school. Although this is a general statement, there are some exceptions. A few teachers treat students with disrespect and often use their authority in a wrongful manner. Due to this, many students also act up towards teachers, even to those that are innocent. I want to see change within the relationship between student body and staff, where there is respect and understanding. This will not only benefit the relationships but will in turn increase factors such as school spirit, participation in events, and even raise grades.
Henry M. Jackson High School has great students but not so great teachers. Most teachers aren't very qualified, especially in AP classes, but there ARE a few that are great. We do have really good athletics, with multiple state championships from multiple years, in multiple sports. The food is pretty good actually. School starts way too early. We have talented arts students, so we are good in that area but the teachers are not good. However, we are a pretty safe school and many people and teachers are accepting of ALL people which is very important in contributing to a safe environment. We have many clubs, which many students participate in.