Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Hempstead High School is a public school located in Hempstead, TX. It has 405 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Hempstead High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C-59 Students
- A+55 Students
- B52 Students
- A-48 Students
- B+46 Students
- B-43 Students
- A+34 Students
- B25 Students
- A-24 Students
- A23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Hempstead High School Reviews
Most of the teachers actually care about the students. As for the administration, it not that great. The administration does not care for the students. I have good here for all four year and have seen very little change. They try but its not good. Ever year we had a teaching missing for most of the year. The only good part is the extracurricular activities.
I felt when I was there (graduated in 2016), some of the teachers did not care about the students. Academics came second to sports and there was a lack of communication between some of the coaches and the teachers. There were not a lot of extracurricular activities aside from sports and a few academic clubs. I know that there have been some changes since I have left, so hopefully the new students have a more fulfilling high school career that gets them ready for the real world.
This school is filled with remarkable kids. The people in administration are all personally committed to seeing the best within the school, and many teachers give their time to ensuring struggling students succeed. There are no issues with bullying. In addition, the high school has an exceptional sports program, outstanding FFA program, as well as online dual credit. The major challenges the school face can be rooted in the lack of a long term principle. Because of the changing of this administrative role, the progress that could have been witnessed by now has been stunted. It is a small school as well, so there are many courses not offered.