Hempfield Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Landisville, PA. It has 2,217 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Hempfield Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+292 Students
- A239 Students
- A-206 Students
- B185 Students
- A-101 Students
- B100 Students
- A+93 Students
- B-89 Students
- A-68 Students
- A+62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 81 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Hempfield Senior High School
- A-Northeastern Senior High School
- Northeastern York School District, PA
- 230 reviews
- B+Ephrata Senior High School
- Ephrata Area School District, PA
- 200 reviews
- A-Conestoga Valley Senior High School
- Conestoga Valley School District, PA
- 292 reviews
- ALampeter-Strasburg Senior High School
- Lampeter-Strasburg School District, PA
- 190 reviews
Hempfield Senior High School Reviews
The kids are too clicky. If you are not a drinker or a druggie then you are not popular. The atmosphere promotes drug use. If you are a nice, normal, quiet, non drug user then you are not popular. There are not many African Americans there, thus the school has a very white population and thus is very racist. The teachers are pretty cool and the college prep is pretty good. I would say it has prepared me well for college. The sports there are average. All the money and the praise is put on the football team which never has a good record, ever. The ice hockey team was awesome and so was the roller hockey team. We were undefeated and won states, but the school doesn't acknowledge the hockey teams as school sports so we didn't get hardly any attention like the bad football team did. It's a shame how things are. We still wore the Hempfield name on our chests even though we were not recognized!
I really liked my experience at Hempfield High School. For the most part, the teachers were amazing and were really passionate about the subject they were teaching. Even if someone got a teacher that wasn't the greatest, there were plenty of other teachers that student could go to to get extra help. Hempfield also offers a ton of electives for every interest level. From art to cooking to tech ed, engineering, and computer science classes. They really do a great job of preparing us for college as well. I am currently a dual enrollment student at HACC (Harrisburg Area Community College) and I'm taking English 101. This class is very easy since Hempfield has done such a great job preparing me to write papers and having such a well developed knowledge of grammar rules. I definitely feel prepared for the future and am ready to see what's out there for me. My only complaint would be the guidance system and the rate at which the counselors get back to their students.
It has been a few years since I have attended but every time I reminisce on my high school memories I have nothing but positive emotions. During high school students are worried about fitting in, finding friends and figuring out a way to survive their high school years. Hempfield helps those students in all of those categories. There is an abundance of ways to get involved at the school and at some point, those students will find you niche. That is a promise! There are some students there that are not the most friendly and that happens anywhere, but students will definitely find those friends that they consider their core friends and they will find a way to survive their four years! It is possible! Trust me and my graduating class! :)