grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Hempfield Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Landisville, PA. It has 2,193 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Hempfield Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+336 Students
- grade A284 Students
- grade A minus236 Students
- grade B215 Students
- grade A minus119 Students
- grade B118 Students
- grade B minus105 Students
- grade A+104 Students
- grade A minus81 Students
- grade A+79 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 81 responses
- Sporting events25%
- Plays or musicals20%
- Dance theatre16%
- Homecoming Week15%
- Variety Show (talent show)15%
- Spirit Week4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 32 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,692 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 46 responses
Schools like Hempfield Senior High School
- grade A minusNortheastern Senior High School
- Northeastern York School District, PA
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 237 reviews
- grade B+Ephrata Senior High School
- Ephrata Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 211 reviews
- grade A minusConestoga Valley Senior High School
- Conestoga Valley School District, PA
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 305 reviews
- grade ALampeter-Strasburg Senior High School
- Lampeter-Strasburg School District, PA
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 193 reviews
Hempfield Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.82 out of 5 285 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My time at Hempfield was overall very enjoyable. The student body is very diverse, both ethnically and ideologically. If you find the right people to hang out with, you will have a great time there. My teachers and counselors were all very supportive of their students and there was always someone to go to if you needed something. Hempfield is also a school that recognizes the benefits of the art and music programs, and these departments rarely receive budget cuts. Hempfield prepares students well for college by encouraging students to advocate for themselves, while giving a little more teacher encouragement than you would find at college. The school offers a wide range of unique clubs and extracurricular activities that appeal to students of all kinds. Hempfield offers many Advanced Placement classes in each core subject as well as foreign languages, computer science, art, and others. Overall, I would classify Hempfield as a good academic and cultural environment for students.
Great teachers! Several clubs and activities. A negative however is the lack of diversity and discipline when it comes to certain students. Another downfall is that the school does little to help students with the transition to college.
The kids are too clicky. If you are not a drinker or a druggie then you are not popular. The atmosphere promotes drug use. If you are a nice, normal, quiet, non drug user then you are not popular. There are not many African Americans there, thus the school has a very white population and thus is very racist. The teachers are pretty cool and the college prep is pretty good. I would say it has prepared me well for college. The sports there are average. All the money and the praise is put on the football team which never has a good record, ever. The ice hockey team was awesome and so was the roller hockey team. We were undefeated and won states, but the school doesn't acknowledge the hockey teams as school sports so we didn't get hardly any attention like the bad football team did. It's a shame how things are. We still wore the Hempfield name on our chests even though we were not recognized!