Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Hemlock High School is a public school located in Hemlock, MI. It has 393 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Hemlock High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B110 Students
- B89 Students
- B-76 Students
- A62 Students
- A+60 Students
- B-48 Students
- B+36 Students
- B+33 Students
- A30 Students
- B-28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Hemlock High School
- C+Breckenridge High School
- Breckenridge Community Schools, MI
- 45 reviews
- B+Swan Valley High School
- Swan Valley School District, MI
- 107 reviews
- C+St. Charles Community Middle/High School
- St. Charles Community Schools, MI
- 33 reviews
- CMerrill High School
- Merrill Community Schools, MI
- 41 reviews
Hemlock High School Reviews
Hemlock is excellent at being average. Not great, but just enough to put up with. Teachers vary, but one can usually find at least one teacher they like and agree with. Clubs are limited but provide just enough to provide a acceptable range of hobbies. Sports are more focused on as opposed to the arts. Diversity is almost non-existent, but is gradually getting there. The facilities are small but comfortable and the new-age technology (i.e. chromebooks) are very handy. Would like to see more support for all clubs equally, and focus put on expanding clubs and extra-curriculars.
I have gone to Hemlock since Kindergarten, I have always enjoyed my time here. There isn't much variety in classes available, nor are APs an an option. There are many ways to earn college credits and/or take more interesting classes. Hemlock offers Early middle College, Dual enrollment, Co-op, and SCC. Even if you don't find any of the classes directly taught by hemlock teachers interesting, you can always find more options in the offered programs
This school has an amazing teachers who care about the mental and educational wellbeing of each student. The coaches in many of the sports programs are excellent and encourage players to become well round individuals on and off the field. The band program is by far one of the best programs offered; the class is large and it feels like a family. I’m very glad to be an alumni from there in the coming year. Hemlock also offers an Early Middle Program through Delta allowing students to graduate with an Associate’s Degree. I would recommend this school even though the course selection is small because it offers a safe environment for students.