Helena High School is an above average, public school located in Helena, MT. It has 1,574 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Helena High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+375 Students
- B-251 Students
- B+132 Students
- B-111 Students
- B87 Students
- A+68 Students
- B67 Students
- A-56 Students
- A55 Students
- B51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 65 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Helena High School Reviews
Overall Helena High is a good school, people are very welcoming and they are open their arms wide. The only issue is, there is this pressure that all the kids there have to be smart, and that is a crazy standard, especially for kids that struggle with some classes. Like if someone isn't good at math, but they are in the class for their grade, they still don't feel good enough cause they aren't in that high-level math class.
Helena High School was pretty average. There was a large emphasis on the athletic side of everything and a lack of emphasis and care for the arts. I would have liked to see more support, effort, and care put into the arts in the school. There were many students who were amazing at photography, painting, ceramics, and theater who were not acknowledged for their abilities because they were not a sport related activity.
Helena High School introduced me to a variety of opportunities and chances, as well as helped me gain skills that would be beneficial in college and beyond. The career counselors know you by name and make it their priority to find scholarships and educational opportunities that might interest you! While this high school can improve in their language programs (such as having more than three years of French or German), the fine arts and vocational arts programs have much more variety and prestige than one would expect. The teachers love to help with your homework, and their main goal is for their students to learn and understand rather than to have a fast pace in school work.